Everything that glitters is GolDen.

Interviews with players/staff of the game

Moderator: Mod

Everything that glitters is GolDen.

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:55:14 +0000

Hi all and welcome to another relatively long interview.

It might be a little shorter than the last one, though. Maybe :P

This time I am interviewing [7S]GolD, a familiar name to most but pretty much a mystery to many of us. Hope you enjoy!

Introducing GolD

Snags: I don't actually know how long you've been around, I can only remember being aware of your name on the online list. When did you first start playing CW and what were you originally called?
GolD: I started playing CW about 4-5 years ago after I accidently clicked an advert and I was always known as GolD.

Snags: Find a name and stick to it, I'm sure some people could learn from that :P So, seems you're another one who started around the same time as me.. huh. Have you ever been an active chatter?
GolD: Well, when I just started playing. I used the chat a lot to ask some questions that weren't fully covered in Kin's (I think that's the name) tutorial, but I keep most of my yapping in gang chat. My memory sucks, so prepare yourself for some short answers when it comes to the good old days :).

Snags: Oh no, however will we cope without the nostalgia?*grins* Well anyway, who is your least favourite CW player? Why don't you like them? What do they do that pisses you off? :P
GolD: Can't think of anyone that really pisses me off, but there was one guy (whose name I don't remember) who started sending me a lot of hate mail for hacking him repeatedly, that lasted a while - until Skip jailed him. It didn't really piss me, it just seemed inappropriate.
Snags: Yeah. I haven't had hate mail for a while.. can't even remember what the last one was about. Probably for hacking them too often, though. It's usually the case... I've never had anyone who got so annoyed that they sent multiple mails though.

Before the Reset

Snags: What was your first gang, then?
GolD: Boondock Saints, led by SMOKE. Until then I found CW to be quite boring but as soon I stumbled upon this gang I started making some friends which I am in touch with even today :).

Snags: You always remember your first gang, I guess. They have a way of turning into families :P Any players you particularly miss? Why?
GolD: Well, there's madeju bleed (AKA Bussa back in the day), he came back to try CW after reset but he is gone again, other than him I managed to stay in touch with everyone else.
Snags: The amount of players we lost because of the reset is depressing, really
GolD: Indeed, I remember back in the day when you couldn't even keep track of the chat...

Snags: Who were the top 3 players (to you) when you first joined?
GolD: Hmmmmm that's a tough one :) There's Grod - He led FA, my second gang right after BS, which I stayed at till the reset. Then there's Mike.T, He remained #1 for a long time, which seemed even more admirable for a new player.
Snags: I'm trying to remember if Grod still plays…
GolD: He does not :( Quit 6 months ago.
Snags: Ahh. Makes sense. Was sure I'd seen him after reset, but not recently.
GolD: Meh... my memory sucks, I don't remember who was here that far back and people from different eras comes to mind.
Snags: Heh, fair enough, next question then..

Snags: Which was the gang you respected most pre-reset?
GolD: To be biased that must have been Fallen Angels, we were the underdogs for a long time, we didn't have any top 100 player beside Grod, and were constantly targeted by other gangs, yet we managed to grow on our own and formed strong bonds in the process.
Snags: Yeah. There have been a few "underdog" gangs in the past, but few that I can think of really managed to be loyal to their fellow gangmates. (I'm thinking of WU here, I have heard lots of disrespectful comments about it from its own members)

Modern Times

Snags: You're in 7S at the moment, though. What is it like for you? How does it compare to FA?
GolD: 7S is a great gang, it suffers from the same inactivity that CW suffers (compared to FA which had over 50 members), although I was proven otherwise a few days ago when an immense spike of activity appeared. 7s Is built from great members, who are mostly pre-reset FA members since Twidget and I gathered all the FA members who remained after the reset to help us form a new gang which answers to how it compares to FA. Btw, as great as it may be, you, GK and a few others who have left along the way are still being missed in here :)

Snags: I never really spoke much in the chat so I'm surprised you'd mention me :P What do you think of the other gangs around today?
GolD: The gangs this time around are great, there are a lot of interesting people leading various gangs each varies his methods, goals and attitude which results in a nice diversity, unfortunately CW's inactivity makes it harder on new gangs to find members, and the gangs you'd call big nowadays would have been considered tiny back in the day.
Snags: Yeah. If we could bring in more players, it'd be nice.. It's why I try to be nice to the newbies that come into chat these days
GolD: Yeah, I did notice some added tolerance in people's attitude toward newbies :)

Snags: Speaking of players... out of the current players, who would your "ideal" gang contain? Up to ten people, though less is fine :P
GolD:
    1 - Twidget - He is doing great keeping 7S together and is very active.
    2 - Gatekeeper - I think the time he stayed in 7s will forever be remembered as the activest time of 7S, also he has done great job with EPIC
    3 - Shogoth - The guy I enjoy talking with the most, He is just a great guy (Keeps chat interesting).
    4 - uNkn0wn - I have known him for a long time now and he has proved himself very devoted to the gang he is in.
    5 - Mr.Hat - Better with you than against you ^^;
    6 - Snags - You are a very active member both in forums and chat, and you seem like a nice person to chat with.
And there are tons of other members I'd love to have in my gang, but there's a limit to how awesome one gang can be :) Honorable mentions: Everyone else in 7s that I hadn't named already, Digital Void and Myckaal for their great job with their gangs though I haven't had the chance to chat with them.

Snags: Haha, that is definitely true about the Hat. And yet another boost to the ego *grins* I may keep up the interviews just for the compliments :P

Snags: Which three people from CW would you most like to meet IRL and why?
GolD: Shogoth, Gatekeeper and Twidget. They are all individuals I enjoy chatting with from time to time (although I haven't talked with GK for some time now) and they seem like the type of people I'd like to chat with over a beer.

Snags: What are you planning to do to grow as a player on CW?
GolD: Aside from helping 7s occasionally I don't plan anything, I have pretty much stopped looking at CW as a game but rather as a gang chat with some extra features.

The Game Today

Snags: Do you see a future for CW as it is today?
GolD: As it is today CW doesn't have a future, but I remain hopeful that some changes and advertising will be done to bring in some new blood.

Snags: Mm.. Any things you think would help improve CW?
GolD: CW is an RPG type of game but it feels as if it lacks a dimension. I think Andi needs to have a good look at other RPGs (not only browser-based RPGs) and draw some inspiration as to what kind of game mechanics they use to lure players, and start advertising the game after implementing said updates.
Snags: I suppose if you're gonna point out that it's an RPG, we don't exactly have a "role" to play or goals of things to do. It's why I liked the missions..

Snags: What do you think needs fixing most?
GolD: - Quick fix: The hitlist page.
- Longer fix: Websites as they are, are pretty useless, Andi has got to find something to do with those.

Snags: Speaking of Andi, how do you feel towards him at the moment? What about the other members of the CW team?
GolD: Andi is a great coder no doubt, but he should get the time to work on this game, once he does we are going to see some major improvements. As for the other members of the CW team, I think they are doing an excellent job, no complaints there :D.
Snags: Not even any complaints about the news? :P
GolD: The most recent news was horrible but Mr Hat's "CW History" and Myckaal's "Gang news" are good :). (I realize those aren't affiliated with the news section, but they do provide some extra reading ^^)

A life? Outside of CW? Srs!

Snags: Ah well.. RL questions now, boding the end of the interview :P
What is your real name? How old are you underneath that computer screen? What're you up to in your life - if you're in education, what are you studying? Got any kids or pets? Whereabouts are you from?

GolD: My real Name is Nivr Regev I am 20 from Israel, Currently studying Computer-Engineering in the university through a special army program which promotes me to be a lieutenant, I own a cat named "Sparta" that hates me (Or any other person who doesn't carry food on him for that matter) and a dog named "Snoopy" (How original ^^'). My hobbies are hiking, playing video games, making video games, building websites or working on other projects, reading manga and watching anime.
Snags: Alrighty then, thank you for your time and I hope you had fun :D

Hope you guys enjoyed reading it :)
Last edited by [OSX] Snags Almighty on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:09:13 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Everything that glitters is GolDen.

Postby [EPCI]Gatekeeper on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:05:40 +0000

Another good read, although I think you should just be given the Blue coat(under the gold one of course) the Forum mods get and then post these in the news so not to stretch the front page so much :P. I am interested in seeing who is next.
[EPCI]Gatekeeper

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:09:53 +0000

Another spot on interview Snags, and now i know more about the guy who appears most in my logs ;)
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:12:26 +0000

It's a point, but then again there are enough people with the ability to move it that it's not that much of a hassle. Also thanks :)

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:09:35 +0000

Great interview. :)

I remember GolD from prereset, and I've had good reason to keep him in mind after, as well. (He and Twidget loaned me the rest of the assets to restart OSX, post-reset.)
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 21:38:29 +0000

Should i move the other unofficial news to the news section? Anyone?
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Thu, 27 Jan 2011 01:33:31 +0000

cmsjr123-Puppet Master wrote:Should i move the other unofficial news to the news section? Anyone?

Excuse me, but why is this in THIS thread? Ask in chat or in the official news section.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Thu, 27 Jan 2011 02:27:21 +0000

[OSX] Dusty Snagsfield wrote:
cmsjr123-Puppet Master wrote:Should i move the other unofficial news to the news section? Anyone?

Excuse me, but why is this in THIS thread? Ask in chat or in the official news section.

Actually it pertains to what you mentioned in the interview and with his repsonse. :}
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]Dragon NUMB on Thu, 27 Jan 2011 08:02:29 +0000

Great Work Snags.So finally i know the guy who was in top of my pre-reset gang FA. I think next time you should Interview Twidget ;)
I’m the person your mother warned you about.
[OSX]Dragon NUMB

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:23:19 +0000

cmsjr123-Puppet Master wrote:Actually it pertains to what you mentioned in the interview and with his repsonse. :}

Still shouldn't really try to take it over with more talk of the news, it's bitched about enough imho.

Numb: I'm gonna try not to interview people from the same gang twice in a row. Or t10s too close between. Twidget's on my "want to" list, though. Don't worry :)

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sun, 30 Jan 2011 08:38:48 +0000

[OSX]Doctor Snags? wrote:
cmsjr123-Puppet Master wrote:Actually it pertains to what you mentioned in the interview and with his repsonse. :}

Still shouldn't really try to take it over with more talk of the news, it's bitched about enough imho.

Numb: I'm gonna try not to interview people from the same gang twice in a row. Or t10s too close between. Twidget's on my "want to" list, though. Don't worry :)

I did no such thing. i asked a simple question that you obviously didn't understand.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Return to Interviews