missions for newcomers

Here is where admin and staff can post updates to appear on the front page. You can still comment.

Re: missions for newcomers

Postby PaPPy on Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:35:36 +0000

unless u are asking for players to donate their stats they earned to ur gang, then its not fair for me to join ur gang and donate them
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:45:26 +0000

I guess some stat changes would have happen, but hey with collecting back most of those ec's we wouldn't have to change everyone's stat... and it wasn't my gang...
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:55:40 +0000

some people bought enough ecs to max iq
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby [7S] Cyberjack1138 on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:58:59 +0000

[AD]Dan Verton wrote:The action of collecting the ec's back was a way to make this go without a roll-back, removal of stats and kills or what so ever. Sorry for trying to clean up after a phucking admin mistake. I will never take this action again as you all seems to give a phuck if a bug/bad code releases a shit load of ec,web,cd,iq or what ever. So don't go complaining to me about shyt... And be my guests use the ec's seems like you think its ok.. AND You have UnJailed 10100, don't see the reason why he should be the only one jailed... no proof that's him dumping that ec's in his gang. Have fun playing the game...

,.|..

It seems like you doing the complaining. I never once said I wouldn't be willing to return ill-gotten gains. I only stated that you all should have a record of it and you all should be able to write a quick script to fix things. Instead, you are going to bitch and moan because people don't want to take the obnoxious long way around things. Computers and programs are supposed to make one's life easier. In other words, there should be an easy way to fix this without having to do roll-backs and other severe things.

If you can't accept that people may not like your idea, then you need to step down as a staff member because you should be listening to those of us who may have some valuable input on this.
[7S] Cyberjack1138
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:55:07 +0000

"you should be listening to those of us who may have some valuable input on this" - CJ

"PaPPy is going to have a ball about this" - Ozy
"brb need to remote desktop connet to my home PC and have a "friend" test it out >.>" - cms
"Dumb Fuckers" - Digital Void
"If someone screw the system, do a rollback." - Riddle
"The ECs return mail was by Hat. Not the admins Riddle." - Mark
"And if theres something bad, then the admins with the power need to fix this. I will no do nothing." - Riddle
"I think they need to bit the bullet on this one and accept that they screwed up. Hell, those EC's are still posted. Plus, they also drove down the average price by at least 100K. Are they willing to fix that also." - CJ
"My gang is ONE and i am staying there. Man up and wear the responsibility Zcon." - Digital Void
"Although this has given me an idea for my secret cyberwars domination plan to take over the world :twisted: " - Dwarf
"and yes i know this forum post wont last, because staff/admins dont want to hear the truth. so ill prob just hack the site so you hear me for once" - Pappy

And who's that? Even in chat there haven't been any "valuable input" (when I've been around) tho I guess it haven't been when I wasn't either..

Just a note for those who think staff could have fixed this, we can read logs(not even all), mute & jail and that's most we can do(or is it just me). Should been called Police instead.
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [7S] Cyberjack1138 on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:13:39 +0000

[AD]Dan Verton wrote:"

And who's that? Even in chat there haven't been any "valuable input" (when I've been around) tho I guess it haven't been when I wasn't either..

Just a note for those who think staff could have fixed this, we can read logs(not even all), mute & jail and that's most we can do(or is it just me). Should been called Police instead.

Did you ask for input on how this problem may be solved? Every one of those comments was in relation to the e-mail you sent where you basically asked people to quit their gangs, join your gang, give back all EC's they gained illegitimately (if they didn't know, you did), get their money refunded back to them, then rejoin their gang again. Failure to comply would mean, at a minimum, losing anything gained with said EC's while the worst case meant jailing.

Now, explain to me how you were trying to get some input. Everybody was reacting to your e-mail basically. Perhaps if you had of asked what could be done, or better yet, if zcon had actually have come in and asked, this topic may have been avoided.

As it stands right now, you all have to figure this one out and create a solution that has the least impact on the user.
[7S] Cyberjack1138
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:41:21 +0000

No I didn't ask for input. Hat asked me about my opinion on his idea where he moved to BAD and started collecting the ec's. It was an "emergency" action that most likely would have prevented those ec's to be used on stats,killing etc...It was 3 simple steps 1: Join BAD(not my gang btw)by accepting an invite. 2: Donate whatever. 3: Go back to your gang(If you were smart you sent yourself an invite before leaving)

Now, where did I ask for input? This was a staff idea, and yeah it would make it a hell lot easier if any Admin was on/did something.

"create a solution that has the least impact on the user."

Guessing that would be Zcon having to track down everybody that have bought the ec's, changing their stats,kills etc.... And that's gonna go fast, right..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby {DD}Illminded1 on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:45:43 +0000

its zcons problem not ours his screw up not ours in the end no it isnt gonna go fast and its going to take HIM alot of work to straighten this shit out but there again its his mess ... and the mail - make everyone gang hop was bullshit id have told the staff no way in hell.... even if you threatened a years suspension

better ? is when is there actually gonna be a dam admin around to start fixing this
{DD}Illminded1
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1] Digital Void on Sat, 24 Jul 2010 01:37:55 +0000

Where is Zcon in all of this? If he aint goint to be around then he needs to gives staff additional rights.

Zcon fucked this up. Most of us have gained an advantage although not initiailly knowing it. Those people should not be punished in any way shape or form. We were at the right place in the right time, just like a shopping sale in real life.

The first thing I saw when i logged on in the morning was Marky stating "cheap ecs in the market" He did this repeatedly even after Hats email. How many people saw that and went and bought them? Lots. What did staff do....? Nothing. They could have muted him, could have refreshed chat. This would have prevented some of the log in, buy ecs, then find out it was a **** up.

The way i see it is let it be. We took advantage (unitentionally, maybe even with a hint of suspicion) of something an admin coded into the game. Now those who created multis to EXPLOIT (see the difference - trust me there is one) the bug should be punished. CMS's gang with 88000 ecs.....is that an advantage or exploit....well he has already admitted it....so i think we all know the answer there.

Exploit by creating multi, what to do...delete multi account, reset multi creator account, clean out all stash of ecs relating to those accounts or gangs. So punish these few and leave the rest. Everyone knows creating multis is against the TOS.... so they did so INTENTIIONALLY.

What about the poor noob who signed up and literally got lucky and now has a stash. Well for the very few that there are...i say leave them be. By the time you take out multis, i reckon you would be hard pushed to find any of these "original noobs".

Everyone else got lucky of sale. Some got more because they had more CDs saved....lucky for them.

Now its not so hard a job for the admin when he chooses to return, and you dont have strike back the clock by 2 days one week or maybe a month by the time Zcon pulls his finger out of his arse AND replies, AND works out an action plan that doesnt **** the game up any more than it has been.

AND maybe just maybe he might actually listen to what needs fixing first from staff and player base before making changes that it would appear he has no idea on how it will impact the game.

Im not against change.... but change that has a detrimental advantage to the masses and is not clearly thought out is a different story.
Im not against repaying the ecs either if thats what it comes down to. Im against leaving my gang, and winding the clock back.
Hard work for Zcon....welll stiff shit. You made the BIG error, you have to clean up and put some effort in.
Move along numpty!
[1] Digital Void
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:17:16 +0000

[1] Digital Void wrote:
The way i see it is let it be. We took advantage (unitentionally, maybe even with a hint of suspicion) of something an admin coded into the game. Now those who created multis to EXPLOIT (see the difference - trust me there is one) the bug should be punished. CMS's gang with 88000 ecs.....is that an advantage or exploit....well he has already admitted it....so i think we all know the answer there.

What you trying to say? m-.^
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Previous

Return to News and Updates