CW Community

Talk about anything you want here.

CW Community

Postby GoW Vervain on Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:29:50 +0000

I would like to start out by saying this is just observations from one person and it is not my intentions to attack anyone on that note I will be stating what I have seen from both sides of the game and I will not hold back or sugar coat anything. I have been a CW fan for many years, I first started playing way way back when Lynn owned the site. I did leave for a long time true but I am back and I have noticed a few things. People are down right greedy and unappreciative. All I have seen since I have been back are complaints and asking for compensation in one form or another. I have also seen that the staff/admin/etc have all but given up on this community and this is upsetting. So I propose a plan......and this will take all sides of the spectrum. PLAYERS: If you don't like the game stop playing don't bitch about it it is your choice to play no one is forcing you to do so and if you spend real money to play and are unhappy then stop doing so it is that simple. ADMIN/OWNER/ETC: If you are unwilling or unable to keep the game running sell it or give it to someone who WANTS to do it someone who knows coding and is willing to spend the time and energy to fix all the little bugs and quirks, if you do not want to do this then just shut this site down and save everyone the headache. I understand it takes time to run a site if you can't make that time you are not giving CW it's ability to show it's full potential. This game is suppose to be fun not full of bickering and complaints and excuses.This site has never been perfect but a long time ago it was a community and I would love to see that again. I hope this opens some peoples minds and allows CW to see a brighter future. Thank you .
GoW Vervain
Donator

CW Profile

Re: CW Community

Postby Myckaal on Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:23:28 +0000

A lot of apathy has developed over the last 3+ years, Vervain. The game code is, from what I hear, difficult to work on. So many cooks have added to the soup, that it's unclear what the recipe is. The community has waned dramatically. The Staff are barely useful and, in some cases, outright harmful. The Guy At The Top has lost the drive to do anything with the game for a number of reasons, many of which I can understand.

So .... what's to be done? Perhaps we, the players, should work up some of the changes and updates we would like to see. Like what I, personally, would like to see done to the city. Come up with some cohesive ideas to present to the guy doing the coding. I think that's Smuggs, right now.

I haven't given up on the game rebuilding it's numbers.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby GoW Vervain on Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:32:24 +0000

That is my point something needs to be done. I myself have no clue about coding never have, I just was stating that the people who do know maybe the better choice to run this site or at the least help those in charge. and we need to promote the game but the changes need to be made before new blood comes in or they will just leave again.
GoW Vervain
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:59:06 +0000

I have been working on some bug fixes and it is grueling. I've been thinking about the city as well Myck. It's really hard to even look through this code without having created it yourself.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Mr.Hat on Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:30:16 +0000

Can we just remove TSPL, display gamescores in the top 100, and add back the monuments for top 5 BUS, CPU, HD, and RAM, with the stats shown not just "twid #1, DV #2, etc"

That'd be great.
kthx

#LegendaryHat
Mr.Hat
Staff

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Thu, 25 Apr 2013 21:03:27 +0000

The Legendary Hat wrote:Can we just remove TSPL, display gamescores in the top 100, and add back the monuments for top 5 BUS, CPU, HD, and RAM, with the stats shown not just "twid #1, DV #2, etc"

That'd be great.
kthx

#LegendaryHat

That sounds good to me
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby GoW Vervain on Thu, 25 Apr 2013 23:11:23 +0000

Smuggs wrote:I have been working on some bug fixes and it is grueling. I've been thinking about the city as well Myck. It's really hard to even look through this code without having created it yourself.

I understand that completely and I am not pointing fingers at any one person I am just saying if there were more than one person doing it maybe a section or two for each person maybe you can make progress and then promotion of the game can commence.
GoW Vervain
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Fri, 26 Apr 2013 05:41:03 +0000

you want the actual stat value displayed?
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Mr.Hat on Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:23:46 +0000

Correct Smuggs, I want the actual stat values displayed.
Mr.Hat
Staff

CW Profile

Postby [7s] BlackStar on Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:42:28 +0000

I disagree, a system to spy on ones stat values is more interesting then. But that's probably asking for abit too much atm. I'd just be happy with some of the bug fixes atm. I really want to start using the Gang forums again.
[7s] BlackStar
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Mr.Hat on Sun, 28 Apr 2013 17:43:07 +0000

See the reason for the monuments display stats is this: It gives players something to strive for. Spying, yeah does the same thing in that you can see someones stats, but it does not give you the opportunity to have your stats displayed for everyone to see that you're among the 5 best in that particular category in the game. The idea is to give people something else to strive for.
Mr.Hat
Staff

CW Profile

Return to General Chat