5 years... what happen...

Talk about anything you want here.

5 years... what happen...

Postby causecovah on Fri, 03 Feb 2012 01:44:25 +0000

i played this game something like 5 years ago under the name [sot]cyb3r_n1nj4 before wtv the big delete was, before it was "neo", when there were tooo many one man gangs. i was part of the seekers of truth gang, not the best for sure but even still gangs were hyper competitive as well as netguard vs hackers. people used to b in jail all the time, there was even a cute little energy glitch. my question is what happen to the game it seems to be practically dead now with like a dozen or so "active" people.
anyone wanna fill me in on what and why the big delete is? and why the game is wat it is now? even forums are dead...
causecovah

CW Profile

Re: 5 years... what happen...

Postby xan on Fri, 03 Feb 2012 08:40:47 +0000

Well, the game is what it is now because of the big delete. Other stuff was at play as well, but I'm sure if you ask enough people the right questions, you'll find out soon what I mean by "other stuff"

I do remember SoT, they werent the most powerful, but they more than made up for it with honor, and game wide respect from friends and enemies alike.

In my opinion with the reset should have been a complete reformat of the game itself, a complete overhaul.
xan
Donator

CW Profile

Postby causecovah on Fri, 03 Feb 2012 19:17:11 +0000

so did the reset literally restart the whole game? whos in charge of the game nowadays? and overhaul as in revamping up the whole game i take it other than wats obvious wat else has changed?
causecovah

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sat, 04 Feb 2012 14:32:08 +0000

yeah the whole game got a reset even the forums, it killed the game.. if im not wrong the point was closing the gap for new and old players, making it easier to get in the top rankings along with making it harder to gain score. there was also said that it was gonna be some updates to the game to make it more interesting.. imo this was a big fail(well it really shows it was a fail with the activity today) and guess the most "important updates" was done pre reset not after. the biggest update would be the tspl, as in you need to level to gain score, there is also a 5 min auto heal witch make it meaning less to be a hacking game as you can just hack level 1's witch it's not enough of even now with the few players still playing. there is some districts that gangs can hold and they give a boost to the gang, max 2 districts to hold for each gang.. they also implemented Challenge hacks, don't even know if it's working been bugged alot..myself have been inactive for a year+ i had staff position almost a year after i quitted, says a little...the "stats log" page have been improved, prob the best change theyve done. gangs cost more to start now so thats the reason why not many 1 man gangs but not any significant changes in them beside more different gang war options as 100,500 etc and i think there is set a minimum members to do a gang war at each stage(wasn't that bugged as well?) oh, you now also have a option in the gang with the ability to delete it. neocw is now runned by andi, believe he was admin/mod before he bought it. also this is the only cw that is, before there was copy's they got deleted when this got bought. cw is on facebook, not that it make a difference i believe.. the donations have been changed so you can donate for dd's only if you dont make a subscription then you get a small amount of ec's and cd's as a bonus.. dont remember but check out the virus section may have been some "improvements" there.. also the equipment have changed..

so all in all guess you didn't read it all cos it's boring but the game has died with some few leftovers still playing, imo the game was more fun to play pre reset even if cj had 1000 billion more score than me and there was 1k inactive one man gangs, the game developed more before and had a steadier flow of new players, you're lucky now if you catch anyone in chat and a reply like this you got cos im bored.. don't remember you but nice to see some old still pop by, have fun but dont expect anything cos its hanging by a rope and with a miracle taking some small breaths..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby |RED|Hacknsack on Tue, 16 Jun 2020 01:26:16 +0000

Yes, I know I'm replying a few years late...

Resetting the game killed it because players that were spending real $$ to play got screwed over royally in the reset.

I used to play +/- 10 years ago.

I remember SoT, BAD, EVO, and of course the gang I was in - RED POWER.

Good old days for sure.

Since then, got married, had a couple kids - I stop in once in a while just for shits & giggles.
|RED|Hacknsack
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PelicanBay on Wed, 22 Jul 2020 07:17:41 +0000

I totally get it, after the reset I tried to reinvent DOS but like you said too many people lost actual cash.
PelicanBay

CW Profile

Return to General Chat