What's your gang's history

Talk about anything you want here.

Re: What's your gang's history

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 02 Feb 2011 05:23:50 +0000

[OSX]-Bryce H- wrote:
The Solution wrote:{DD} doesn't count, I could tell you a million more things about {DD} than anybody in that gang. At this point "NCW" is far too dead and new to have much history and all of the OCW history is pretty much gone.

Alright, why don't you? I'm interested in it, I'm sure others are as well.

honestly the gangs of the old cw thw original cw will always out do this NCW that you play today. the big gangs like dd had powerful and famous times.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby FBC. on Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:17:17 +0000

[OSX] Mr Ecks wrote:A long, long time ago, on a server far, far away ....

Before the big delete, there were quite a few of powerful gangs. Blood And Desire, Dark Destiny, RED Power, Death Before Dishonor, Valkyries, Fallen Angels, and a lot more. My home was DbD. I had worked with two other gangs before that, but BioHazard's crew was where I really learned how to play. Whenever I could, I passed on what I knew (privately, mind you; I had a reputation to keep) to new players.
There were hundreds gangs, and hundreds of thousands of players. With so many players, and new ones still joining every day, several players got the idea to start a few "training gangs." The idea being to teach and train new players, while giving them a small modicum of protection. OSX was one of these. The idea had been used before, of course, with many of the now inactive gangs being used to do daily 1000 kill wars.
It was the 'inactive gangs' that got to me. DbD was an active gang and a lot of us wanted to compete with the other active gangs. We that the only way to see how you compared to your CW peers was to battle them. I considered a war against an inactive gang to be no challenge. And I wanted that challenge. We frequently picked fights with powerful opponents, sometimes just to break up the monotony of endless inactive gang wars.
One day, not long after a long, aggressive, and hugely entertaining series of wars with BAD, we got an offer to by a small, inactive gang. We had been tossing the idea of a DBD training gang for a few months, and it was gang ID# 420, so I jumped on it immediately. I mean, c'mon .... it was gang 420 ....
I began recruiting new players, along with a couple DbD members who had come along to help out. We renamed the gang "The Academy" to put the 'training gang' concept out front. There were several players that I felt would be good teachers and I managed to get some of them to come and at least post some advice in the forums. After roughly three months of training, I felt we were ready to stop being just a 'school.' We immediately set out to war. We did very, very few inactive wars from that point on.
The name of the gang needed to change, we felt, to reflect the change in gang direction. We tossed around a couple ideas; some for humor, some not so much. It actually was inspired by another gang. Denial Of Service was one of the penultimate CW gangs. They were full of top players, and being a member of DOS meant you were hanging out with some of the coolest people. But not me. DOS inspired me in a totally different way. They snubbed me, to put it simply. I applied more than once, and every time I was told "you're not DOS material."
I couldn't believe it. What did they mean I "wasn't DOS material?" I realized pretty quickly that they were right. I was a different kind of material. But that didn't mean less than DOS. And I saw others of that same breed. I presented the idea to the rest of the crew and changed the name to "OSX." It kept with the theme of computer terms and gave me a way to tease DOS in open chat.
"Yeah, yeah, you're in DOS. DOS is an outdated operating system, man. OSX is the new way" and "OSX is better than DOS. And we're compatible with far more programs."
From that point on, we didn't do more than one inactive war per month, prefering to wage active wars. It worked with the aggressive temperment OSX's members and helped put the gang tag in everyone's attack log. That made sure that the gang was seen by every active player, either from being killed repeatedly in a gang war or hearing your fellow gang members complain about it.

Then came the big delete .... the reset.

We knew it was coming, so the members who would be returning agreed to restart the gang after the game came back online. This didn't take long to accomplish, and we immediately began working on advancement. A year after the reset, we're one of the top 5 gangs, with a bunch of great players. And I don't see any point in stopping that trend any time soon.

Oh .... and OSX stands for "Ordo Seclorum X" with 'X' being the roman numeral.

your missing EVO!!. you had people such as me , kin , dr owl, charle hu$$lte , dex, gate keeper, i remember the crazy ass rivalry we had with DAY
FBC.
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]Nyx on Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:43:41 +0000

Good old RED, DAY, BAD, and DbD
[OSX]Nyx

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:44:54 +0000

eh, the topic was almost a year old, good there is some activity to keep it up :)
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Previous

Return to General Chat