I'm bored.

Talk about anything you want here.

I'm bored.

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:04:08 +0000

So, I thought to myself, "how should I cure this boredom?". Then I looked at the forum and wept (metaphorically speaking) over the inactivity. I hope this makes it seem a little less quiet...

Well then.. what is your pet peeve? Not just on CW, but EVER? Everyone likes to rant about things they hate!

My pet peeve is prejudice... I'm always saying crap like "typical american" or "typical man" etc... but.. I don't mean it. I may have gone sour over the years after repeatedly being disappointed by various people or nations but I'll always give someone another chance.. even though I mock mercilessly. I mean, I've BEEN the victim of prejudice before. I don't see how anyone, ANYONE who has been subject to it feels that it's ok to turn around and subject it on others. To make others feel what they have? I don't see it. I always try to withold judgement until I'm sure I'm right or wrong. I'm perfectly willing to change my opinion of someone. And I certainly never base my first like or dislike based on skin colour, sexuality, nation of birth...

Here's a HUGE example: Women were put down for centuries. Beaten, seen as nothing but baby factories etc etc etc. Now that they're getting equality, they want to be MORE equal. Adverts for cars in which the woman knows nothing is seen as sexist. Adverts for cars in which men know nothing are perfectly acceptable. Seeing women as sex objects is deplorable. Seeing men as sex objects is perfectly ok.

I mean, really. I'm a woman and I see this as VERY wrong. Either it's ok on both sides or not at all - don't act like because 50 years ago we had no rights means that now we get to take away the rights of men. We've BEEN there. We know it wasn't nice - WHY subject other people to it? Wouldn't it be kinder to let them remain ignorant?

Bah.

Pet peeves agogo.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Re: I'm bored.

Postby The Solution on Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:21:06 +0000

It's color, not colour you bloody fucking Brit.

<3
The Solution
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Nawat on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:16:44 +0000

color or colour are both correct whichever you use just makes it more obvious where you come from. Myself I use colour. However I am not British.
Nawat
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:32:14 +0000

same here, on the side note, I think women are seen more as sex objects more than guys are...
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:20:00 +0000

-Luffy- wrote:same here, on the side note, I think women are seen more as sex objects more than guys are...

Yeah, but that is seen as a "Bad Thing".
Adverts objectifying men are TOTALLY hiiilarious.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Wed, 15 Dec 2010 00:27:15 +0000

I don't see it as a bad thing, if fact I would say probably over 80% of guys see girls as a sex object being a good thing.

If girls want guys and girls to have more equal rights, they should start drooling more when they see a guy with his shirt off, like how guys would do if a girl was walking down a street topless
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:47:56 +0000

-Luffy- wrote:I don't see it as a bad thing, if fact I would say probably over 80% of guys see girls as a sex object being a good thing.

If girls want guys and girls to have more equal rights, they should start drooling more when they see a guy with his shirt off, like how guys would do if a girl was walking down a street topless

Ahhh true. Although if i do remember a study being done that females are more horny than men. I may be wrong it was at the beginning of my pysch class.

Now you are right women say i want equALITY BUT when they enter in a court room against a guy they are all like "im a women how could i ever do anything like kill my husband or cheat, or beat him". I am glad others see how wrong this is.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Axalon57[OSX] on Mon, 27 Dec 2010 05:50:23 +0000

I am not particularly subject to road rage, but there are two things I see constantly that really burn my ass: tailing and lack of signaling.

We have these little lights on the back of our vehicles designed for the soul purpose of letting those behind you know where it is you intend to go. A simple courticy, and at time a down right necessity, but I swear some people have never heard of the things. And the effort require to use it is as little as moving your hand two inches. TWO INCHES! Then there's the tailgaters. "Hi, I'mjustgoingtomakemyselfcomfortablehereinyourasskthanks." For miles, less than a car length from my rear bumper and a super boost in my car insurance bill, if I'm lucky. RAGE. And it's always the same idiots that are always in such a rush to get to that next red light. They sit at a red, stuck. Finally turns green and bam, they're off like a bat out of hell. 2 minutes later and I roll up right next to them again, idling at the very next light. The only satisfaction is the look on their face as I smile and wave at them upon our second, thrid, and often fourth meeting.

Ok, I'm done for now. Bound to have more later.
Axalon57[OSX]

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Mon, 27 Dec 2010 23:30:51 +0000

Oh oh those bastards that don't signal when there're only pedestrians around. You're standing there, about to cross the road. A car's moving at quite some speed towards you so you think "hmm damn, I'm not gonna be able to cross before he gets here, I'll play it safe". Then they turn at the corner just before they get to you. Without signalling. Or you're crossing a road (like on the estate I live where there's a crossroad) and a car comes up looking like it's going straight forward and then it turns to the road you're walking across. And then they get mad at YOU.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby The Natural on Tue, 28 Dec 2010 05:29:50 +0000

He was a good player ,that we all trusted ,gave him his rank ,Then Twigs got him in another game ,he had not played in weeks ,then came back stold webs that he never donated and took Ecs ,that he played in our game he lost fair and square . then just shows up and helps him self joins Twidget gang and dont play .i warned her about him , aaa just take it up with him crap ,why hes not going to play ? i like the old days ya steal from your gang ya got banded and the gang got there stuff back , and if ya promote a game here ya got banded here Twigs wont be back im tacking her stuff away from her to ,we can all talk trash too each other , but stealing is not right lo . and im good friends with Twigs i no her on a personal level .ive swam at her house had dinner with her folks . shes still my hero lo .gave a kidny to a stranger and saved her live but she told me she will never play here ever again , after resit ,we all worked so hard to get ahead ,then start over and our gang . and shes right lo for what all the top players are at the top of this game again and the others are trying to catch them ha ha :?: Hmmmm :mrgreen: well lets see are we all going to have to start over to let the new bees catch us again :o
The Natural

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:40:59 +0000

.........meow ?.........
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Return to General Chat