Pappy's grievances with Andi

Talk about anything you want here.

Re: Aoen's Shit Has to Stop!

Postby PaPPy on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:30:36 +0000

valtam wrote:Why is nearly nobody noticing what Andi is saying in the actual conversation posted in the OP? It appears doing what DD did to dominate monuments before reset is now considered illegal and bannable? Threatening to delete the entire gang is absolutely ridiculous. A multi is when one person makes multiple accounts to fuel himself, not when one person stores his resources in the gang vault. The purpose you ask for, in storing EC's, websites, and money in the gang - and not on each individual - is for the monuments. Why is that reason inadequate? Why is topping the gang scorebards not incentive enough? Why is it your business to decide which way DD should play - the way DD has played since damn near the very dawn of CW?

No rules are broken, seems to me that you are inventing them as you go.

Oh, and as some personal advice; pay for some classes on public relations. I'm not saying this to piss you off - which I know it will anyway - but because you genuinely do need it by the looks of your replies in this post. You speak of respect, I advice you to read abit about humility and it's opposite. Maybe it will be enlightening.

Probably not.

Rest in peace, Dark Destiny. There is nothing left for us here any longer.

Thank you

and deleting my hard earned money that I made, because I couldnt access CW at school and have little time at home to be on the computer.

gang money is gang money. if any person is jailed (as long as they are not a multi) does that mean you delete all funds they ever donated?
PaPPy
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Carlton Lassiter on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:52:26 +0000

Also this just in: PaPPy is a multi. Jailbate is a bot written by him. ;)
Carlton Lassiter
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:31:15 +0000

Carlton Lassiter wrote:Also this just in: PaPPy is a multi. Jailbate is a bot written by him. ;)

I've had suspicion of this from the start. I haven't replied to this topic yet because I really have nothing to do with this. But as a long time member of DD in OCW it has always been run like this. Back when we used to do the interest system and even just to be on top of the charts. I don't believe it's fair to say it's wrong now when it hasn't been for so long. That's like taking the foundation away from a house. I really think this is a more personal issue between pappy and andi, which is why the punishment and threats are much more severe.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby theoneandonlyCire on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:57:05 +0000

PaPPy wrote:and deleting my hard earned money that I made, because I couldnt access CW at school and have little time at home to be on the computer.

gang money is gang money. if any person is jailed (as long as they are not a multi) does that mean you delete all funds they ever donated?

You were deleted for using your administrative position to entice others into using a link that basically stole money from them. Which, I'm sure, is a breach of the terms of service somewhere, so he had every right to take away what you paid for.
If you buy a hunting gun, get a hunter's license, then shoot someone, you damn sure aren't getting the money you paid for the gun back when it gets taken away.

valtam wrote:No rules are broken, seems to me that you are inventing them as you go.

The rule he's speaking of was added some time in the past month and publicly announced; keep up.

valtam wrote:Oh, and as some personal advice; pay for some classes on public relations. I'm not saying this to piss you off - which I know it will anyway - but because you genuinely do need it by the looks of your replies in this post. You speak of respect, I advice you to read abit about humility and it's opposite. Maybe it will be enlightening.

If I had to deal with asshats hacking at my code every time I leave for more than an hour, I'd have a pretty short fuse, too. Look at what he has to deal with, then put yourself in his shoes, and maybe you'll have a little more respect for him. When the game went down, he took over for us. If he hadn't, we'd be done here, and lord knows quite a few people would have a bit more time on their hands. That in itself was a big thing for us. But the fact that he bothers to try dealing with some of the numskulls around here is even more impressive.

Hat's off to ya, Andi.
theoneandonlyCire

CW Profile

Postby Carlton Lassiter on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:04:59 +0000

[LAW]Cire wrote:If I had to deal with asshats hacking at my code every time I leave for more than an hour, I'd have a pretty short fuse, too. Look at what he has to deal with, then put yourself in his shoes, and maybe you'll have a little more respect for him. When the game went down, he took over for us. If he hadn't, we'd be done here, and lord knows quite a few people would have a bit more time on their hands. That in itself was a big thing for us. But the fact that he bothers to try dealing with some of the numskulls around here is even more impressive.

Hat's off to ya, Andi.

Yeah because regular sites don't get hacked all the time either?

If the code was secure that wouldn't happen now would it.
Carlton Lassiter
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:07:41 +0000

Carlton Lassiter wrote:
[LAW]Cire wrote:If I had to deal with asshats hacking at my code every time I leave for more than an hour, I'd have a pretty short fuse, too. Look at what he has to deal with, then put yourself in his shoes, and maybe you'll have a little more respect for him. When the game went down, he took over for us. If he hadn't, we'd be done here, and lord knows quite a few people would have a bit more time on their hands. That in itself was a big thing for us. But the fact that he bothers to try dealing with some of the numskulls around here is even more impressive.

Hat's off to ya, Andi.

Yeah because regular sites don't get hacked all the time either?

If the code was secure that wouldn't happen now would it.

^ not entirely true Pappy did use help but also had access to all the code. It is secure to most without this access. Any code has flaws
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Carlton Lassiter on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:33:36 +0000

Code: Select all
<?php
echo 'Hello World';

I dare you to find a flaw!
Carlton Lassiter
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:36:09 +0000

Carlton Lassiter wrote:
<?php
echo 'Hello World';

easy ?> and I meant to say any code can have flaws.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Carlton Lassiter on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:41:11 +0000

Smuggs wrote:
Carlton Lassiter wrote:
<?php
echo 'Hello World';

easy ?> and I meant to say any code can have flaws.

**** yeah, another retard who can't code. PHP doesn't need ?>. And if you're coding to zend guidelines you shouldn't use it, not that you are coding to zend guidelines, but what the hell.

"For files that contain only PHP code, the closing tag ("?>") is never permitted. It is not required by PHP, and omitting it´ prevents the accidental injection of trailing white space into the response." - http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/cod ... tting.html

It was a trick question there was no flaws.
Carlton Lassiter
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:46:49 +0000

fair enough. BUT this isn't a Zend, so in my eyes the code looks incomplete. I like organization from being used to coding C++. Anyways I'd rather not gander on this anymore as this topic is turning into more of an argument then anything else.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:48:54 +0000

HEY EVERYone if you leave him alone long enough he tends to get less annoying and leave.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby valtam on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:05:11 +0000

[LAW]Cire wrote:The rule he's speaking of was added some time in the past month and publicly announced; keep up.

Huh, so it seems! Can't say I even try to keep up at all, I never play anymore. Just dropping by to meddle. Again.
That rule is so hilarious I would never have imagined it being added though - especially if this is the correct interpretation of it. Which apparently it is, seeing that it came from the guy in charge. Mightaswell remove transfers altogether and be done with it. No room for interpreting the rules, no greyzones. Gogogo!

Not referring to that. I have no idea what pappy did before, after, or during, but if he did indeed hack his way in and wreak havoc "just because he can" or "to prove the flaws in the code" or whatever, then I have absolutely no problems with him being banned and whathaveyou. Any action triggers a reaction. Cash donations or not, doesn't give anyone any excuse to be a dick. Mightaswell add to Pappy: bullying your way into a coding position is hardly the way to go.

I may not see what Andi has to deal with here, but that doesn't mean I can't relate to the stress given by a position of responsibility - which is exacly what it is. The guy in charge will take the flak, and he has to expect, and cope with that. And doing that is definately doable without pissing off anyone, which he is doing an excellent job at right now. Personal vendettas, (if this is one) is the biggest no-no in the book.

Work WITH the flow, not against it. Makes life easier for everyone involved.
valtam

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:42:33 +0000

[LAW]Cire wrote:ou were deleted for using your administrative position to entice others into using a link that basically stole money from them. Which, I'm sure, is a breach of the terms of service somewhere, so he had every right to take away what you paid for.
If you buy a hunting gun, get a hunter's license, then shoot someone, you damn sure aren't getting the money you paid for the gun back when it gets taken away.

I didnt take your money, who ever won the lotto took your money.

The money I am talking about was money donated to the gang months ago.

-- Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:45:35 +0000 --

and jailbate was to prove that arya must be running some bot, because if a bot cant beat her jail record, than she must be cheating.
PaPPy
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Sha{DD}ow on Sat, 16 Oct 2010 02:10:42 +0000

I don't think any of this is fair.. ANY OF IT.. what were saying about pappy, andi and everyone else that is being bashed in this thread. As i see it.. this damn topic has been quite the truth reveler for a few people. People making bots, stealing money, deletion, muties, extreme corruption, and the downright disrespect that nearly all of us are giving and getting.. hell, i should just admit i fucked my best friends sister while were at it!! (but i won't)

I don't think its right that Andi took pre-donated money out of the gang. Money that was "stolen" sure but not untainted or clean money. And, i don't think its right that he flat out got banned and deleted either. Now sure, i understand this is at the discretion of Andi, and as i may not support it, i respect it. It is his choice and his game, he can do as he wishes. Equally, i don't think it was right on pappies end to exploit a vuln. However, if the vuln was warned multiple times, and it was ignored, it could not have been such an issue or it would have been fixed. By knowing its there, and not fixing it.. what else you expect...all that shows is that the vuln can be put on the back burner and is not that important.... reminds me of Pres. Bush. Sure this still does not give anyone the right to exploit it.. Although, previously i remember people stealing server money and didn't get deleted... or even band if i recall.. (although this could have been under another owner and totally unrelated i can't remember)

As for Maggie, i don't think he falls under any form of Multi. Than again, i was unaware that "multi" has such a broad meaning apparently. I personally think the term "multi" pretty much tied when p2p was abolished. (other than for market reasons) If he is a different person, playing his own game and taking his own time, i don't see what is hurting... As this brings a more serious question.. whats "legit" to donate.. if you play 5 hrs a day?, 4 days a week? at least 1 level a week.. What is active? What is "not playing".... Rather difficult to answer if you ask me and to whom are you going to compare... Ozy is as active as they come!! Compare just about anyone to Ozy, were all fucking inactive!! Gang wise i think we call "active" at least be on once every 2 maybe 3 days... And with maggie being rank 6 doesn't prove that he is inactive that much.

Andi, you may not need him, or me, or the next guy.. but you need us ALL... I suppose you don't "need" us (per the definition of 'need') but.. that is why you own this game, you bought this for a reason and that wasn't to let it die and close the server. If you really didn't want this, than it would already be down. and I can't say i understand the Bullshit you are putting up with as i have never been in your position.

Good luck to all!!
Shadd
Sha{DD}ow
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:24:08 +0000

Sha{DD}ow wrote:I don't think any of this is fair.. ANY OF IT.. what were saying about pappy, andi and everyone else that is being bashed in this thread. As i see it.. this damn topic has been quite the truth reveler for a few people. People making bots, stealing money, deletion, muties, extreme corruption, and the downright disrespect that nearly all of us are giving and getting.. hell, i should just admit i fucked my best friends sister while were at it!! (but i won't)

I don't think its right that Andi took pre-donated money out of the gang. Money that was "stolen" sure but not untainted or clean money. And, i don't think its right that he flat out got banned and deleted either. Now sure, i understand this is at the discretion of Andi, and as i may not support it, i respect it. It is his choice and his game, he can do as he wishes. Equally, i don't think it was right on pappies end to exploit a vuln. However, if the vuln was warned multiple times, and it was ignored, it could not have been such an issue or it would have been fixed. By knowing its there, and not fixing it.. what else you expect...all that shows is that the vuln can be put on the back burner and is not that important.... reminds me of Pres. Bush. Sure this still does not give anyone the right to exploit it.. Although, previously i remember people stealing server money and didn't get deleted... or even band if i recall.. (although this could have been under another owner and totally unrelated i can't remember)

As for Maggie, i don't think he falls under any form of Multi. Than again, i was unaware that "multi" has such a broad meaning apparently. I personally think the term "multi" pretty much tied when p2p was abolished. (other than for market reasons) If he is a different person, playing his own game and taking his own time, i don't see what is hurting... As this brings a more serious question.. whats "legit" to donate.. if you play 5 hrs a day?, 4 days a week? at least 1 level a week.. What is active? What is "not playing".... Rather difficult to answer if you ask me and to whom are you going to compare... Ozy is as active as they come!! Compare just about anyone to Ozy, were all fucking inactive!! Gang wise i think we call "active" at least be on once every 2 maybe 3 days... And with maggie being rank 6 doesn't prove that he is inactive that much.

Andi, you may not need him, or me, or the next guy.. but you need us ALL... I suppose you don't "need" us (per the definition of 'need') but.. that is why you own this game, you bought this for a reason and that wasn't to let it die and close the server. If you really didn't want this, than it would already be down. and I can't say i understand the Bullshit you are putting up with as i have never been in your position.

Good luck to all!!
Shadd

First of all Having JailBait Pappy's multi constitutes removal of funds.

Multi

Do not make more than one account.
If you did that before you read this, mail an Admin requesting them to delete your other account(s).
One Account per user and only 5 accounts per IP Address/Computer Terminal. This is more than enough for a large family. No accounts on the same IP Address/Computer Terminal may trade with one another. If more then one member uses your computer, you must make sure yourself that you do not seem like a multi. Having your brother sending you his items everyday isn't really having separate accounts. Using a GANG or a "middle man" to try to hide your tracks and/or go around blocks that prevent multi trading can and will be used as evidence to persecute you under this rule.
Persons found to have multiple accounts will have those accounts removed from the game and any assets/stats earned from or as a result of these accounts will removed, and their main account will jailed for 30 days. Furthermore, any one caught making new accounts while chat banned or jailed will find their sentence extended by 5 days for a first offence, 10 days for a second, etc. Also, any player wishing to start over on cyber Wars will not be allowed keep any of your current items or CD's.
Giving items to another player when retiring will be considered Multi'ing, Both players will be jailed.
Punishment: 30 Days + Deletion

Andi knew JailBait was Pappy's doing. Deletion Includes removal of all the user's assets. If Pappy had funds in DD those would naturally be removed as well. I don't see the big deal here except that Pappy is whining because he broke the rules, on purpose of course. Making a multi, exploitation, and many other things. Just because he was an admin doesn't mean by any means he is above the law.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat