What's wrong with this game?

Talk about anything you want here.

Re: What's wrong with this game?

Postby The Problem on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:31:58 +0000

L Ron Hoover wrote:Why are people complaining about the jobs... I like it as it stands :mrgreen:

OTCW has a way better job system where there's pretty much always a challenge and a better job to do, I have 70k intent skill and i'm nowhere near the max success rate for each job.
One thing that really needs looking into is the leveling system, as it stands the only way to level is keeping the same people dead 24/7 which is boring if you're the one doing the hacking, and annoying if you're the one constantly being hacked.
The Problem
Donator

CW Profile

Postby ShockRide on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:27:44 +0000

The [1] And Only Mentor wrote:
L Ron Hoover wrote:Why are people complaining about the jobs... I like it as it stands :mrgreen:

OTCW has a way better job system where there's pretty much always a challenge and a better job to do, I have 70k intent skill and i'm nowhere near the max success rate for each job.
One thing that really needs looking into is the leveling system, as it stands the only way to level is keeping the same people dead 24/7 which is boring if you're the one doing the hacking, and annoying if you're the one constantly being hacked.

It was supposed to be a joke. As it stands today... there is pretty much no chance of my rating changing on intent. I just have to make sure to log in everyday.
ShockRide
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:21:59 +0000

Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby CandyGrrl on Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:27:21 +0000

the "players online" list is unnecessary. while it's nice to be able to see who all is online, there is no real reason to be able to see who all is online, except for your own gang members and who is in chat. the larger players do not need a list of all the people who still log in, so they can shut down the few people who still play near continuously, simply for being here. if our goal as a game is to get and keep players, having a handy hitlist of the few people still playing is not a good idea.
need you. dream you. find you. taste you. **** you. use you. scar you. break you. lose me. hate me. smash me. erase me.
CandyGrrl
Donator

CW Profile

Postby theoneandonlyCire on Sat, 10 Jul 2010 20:50:36 +0000

CandyGrrl wrote:the "players online" list is unnecessary. while it's nice to be able to see who all is online, there is no real reason to be able to see who all is online, except for your own gang members and who is in chat. the larger players do not need a list of all the people who still log in, so they can shut down the few people who still play near continuously, simply for being here. if our goal as a game is to get and keep players, having a handy hitlist of the few people still playing is not a good idea.

Maybe so, but it's also used for finding people to make market and gang deals with, and, at least in my experience, when looking for gang recruits.
Maybe the option to show yourself as online, instead of removing it completely? Default option would be to show when you're online, so new players can be seen by the experienced players who want to help them.
theoneandonlyCire

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 06:15:28 +0000

I like that thought, Cire. Make "Show Online" be the default in the account options. Leave it so still shows the "Last On:" so that you can look at their view, if you want. When you tell it to "Do Not Show Online" it just removes you frome the "Online Players" list
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Zcon on Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:45:02 +0000

thanks for all the info guys. I will look into these. Job system will be fixed up. I think I like junny's intent skill restructuring thing. we will see when we can get it. NPC will come back with a level limit. and probably with different complexity.

Since theres lot I need to look at please wait patiently.

cheers
Zcon
Admin

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]Dragon NUMB on Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:37:44 +0000

GOOD To Hear This Zcon That U like this idea
I’m the person your mother warned you about.
[OSX]Dragon NUMB

CW Profile

Previous

Return to General Chat