The Cyber-Wars Purchasing Committee (CWPC)

Talk about anything you want here.

The Cyber-Wars Purchasing Committee (CWPC)

Postby Toast on Sun, 30 May 2010 16:40:55 +0000

I'm putting this out on the table to organize and to hopefully bring together several prospective buyers that could not otherwise purchase the Cyber-Wars site alone, or was rather put off with the negotiable price of $25k USD.

It will be run exactly like a business, not a hobby. Interested parties can put up any amount in multiples of $250 USD. Each $250 USD you initially put up will earn you one (1) voting share. First order of business will be to assign board member seats. Each voting share is allowed to vote for their person of choice exactly once. (eg. You put up $500 USD. You have two voting shares, and you are able to vote for a specific board member twice, or once each for two different board members.) A tally of who paid what and how much will be kept in this post.

All money transactions will be handled through a Paypal account set up for this specific purpose. If you have an issue with doing so, money orders will also be accepted. No personal checks, credit cards or cash, please.

In regards to who would be shown as an "admin", only the board of directors will be displayed in yellow. The number of BoDs will depend on how many persons contribute to the investment.

I need a show of hands from those who potentially want to join the CWPC, and how much you are willing to put up. At the moment you are under no obligation, and no contract will be formed. If you decide later on to not join the CWPC, you are able to opt out by simply editing your post here stating you don't want to commit. Do NOT delete your original post. By posting below, you agree to be contacted at any time through CW mail. Of course, this thread will be prone to persons that laugh heartily at this idea, or will post absurd numbers below $250 USD such as $1 or $0.01 or 200,000,000 CDs, and I tell you to politely go away. This isn't a joke, it's a proposal. If you do happen to joke around, I will have Rusty or another forum moderator kindly remove your offending post.

I figure if I can get 20 people to put up $250 or 10 people to put up $500, we'll be able to get the ball rolling with a small, reasonable bargaining chip.

EDIT: Shock has informed me that it's inadvisable to discuss this in front of Orsm. Stay tuned for details on further workings.

Disclaimer: I, "Toast", will only represent the group as its president for the time being until a:the organization has organized, and b:until a new president is voted in. Profitability is not, and never will be, guaranteed. Legal aid is recommended should you decide to proceed with the investment, but is not required as of this posting. Accounting aid is provided through myself, "Toast", and other current CW members including, but not limited to, "Mark", and the player formerly known as "Deek".
Last edited by Toast on Sun, 30 May 2010 17:15:06 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Toast

CW Profile

Re: The Cyber-Wars Purchasing Committee (CWPC)

Postby ShockRide on Sun, 30 May 2010 16:57:59 +0000

Can I ask questions? (serious ones?)

1. Is this the same group as Puppet?
2. What is the recourse if I have a problem with decisions made and want to opt out?
3. Are decisions going to be made on areas of expertise (i.e. tech, marketing, etc)
4. Not to be mean to ORSM, but as a business decision, couldn't you NOT use CW mail? (This is a business deal between this group and ORSM and should be treated as such)
5. How are you going to handle votes? i.e. simple majority, 2/3s, consensus?

As a player in this game, I obviously have an interest. Also, to be up front and honest, the community is much more important than the game. Both Lyns and ORSMs actions proved that. Until the community is built up, this game is not really worth that much.

Just asking these questions shows my interest. But given that this needs to be a decision in ORSMs absence, I will not post an amount on a CW controlled site. That includes cw email, cw chat, and cw PM chat. As a business purchase, you don't talk about the deal in front of the seller.
ShockRide
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sun, 30 May 2010 17:13:46 +0000

Your Lord and Savior wrote:Can I ask questions? (serious ones?)

1. Is this the same group as Puppet?
2. What is the recourse if I have a problem with decisions made and want to opt out?
3. Are decisions going to be made on areas of expertise (i.e. tech, marketing, etc)
4. Not to be mean to ORSM, but as a business decision, couldn't you NOT use CW mail? (This is a business deal between this group and ORSM and should be treated as such)
5. How are you going to handle votes? i.e. simple majority, 2/3s, consensus?

As a player in this game, I obviously have an interest. Also, to be up front and honest, the community is much more important than the game. Both Lyns and ORSMs actions proved that. Until the community is built up, this game is not really worth that much.

Just asking these questions shows my interest. But given that this needs to be a decision in ORSMs absence, I will not post an amount on a CW controlled site. That includes cw email, cw chat, and cw PM chat. As a business purchase, you don't talk about the deal in front of the seller.

Fair enough. Before I begin, I'll just say that I own a domain, and I will attempt to set up a forum on that domain. If it doesn't work, we can always use instant messaging or Facebook.

In regards to community, I completely agree, but all great communities have always had a strong economic base from which they work off of. I would hate to see the community suddenly die from inactivity and nonaction on the administration's part. This is why this is being formed: there are more people that can get their say into what's happening.

1. The idea is brought over from Puppet, yes, though it was created publicly without his prior knowledge. Credit is given where credit is due, and this is credited to cms.
2. The implications due to poor judgement has not been thought of yet, but it will most likely be in the form of an administrative fee. It will probably be a percentage of your total commitment, less than 10%.
3. Decisions will be made through the voting shares. The board of directors will need the foresight and hindsight to see what the problems are, and motions will be put forward to the voting members for their consideration. If the Board of Directors don't follow what the voting members request, they will be fired, and a new board member will be voted in.
4. A separate domain will be set up sometime in the future.
5. For non-pressing matters (small change in the way business is run, or matters not related to CW's inner workings), a simple 50% +1 vote will occur. For pressing matters (fundamental change in the way CW is run), 2/3 majority rules. In the event that 2/3rds can't be reached, the item will be moved to the next meeting's agenda for further deliberation. In changes to the Board of Directors, the member with the most votes gets the spot.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sun, 30 May 2010 17:21:49 +0000

Mark wrote:Accounting aid? uh why are you putting me up for shit and not asking Toast? -.^

And although you've probably considered this, I'd just like to point out, you and your committee will need to raise more than the amount Orsm wants for it. You'll at least need a few months server bills, in addition to money for advertising and money for other misc costs.

Also, lul you own a domain. :3

Because you've taken some accounting courses in college.

I've taken startup costs into consideration.

I've owned a domain for a while.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sun, 30 May 2010 19:59:16 +0000

NE HE TOOK OUR IDEAs matter of fact my group is only 5-7k short of the needed fund -.-

This is by far very insulting to me and the other 6 members

Edit. The main problem is probably that toast knows. We have advanced significantly and have mailed out side of CW only people who are potentially interesting in buying Cw to run in a board... Matter of fact we even have gone to consultants to discuss any legal matters that could arise...

Toast also take a note..

This royally pissed me off. .. If by chance i cant get the rest and you do succeed and bye it it would be only because OF ME and my ideas.. Due note this.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sun, 30 May 2010 20:09:51 +0000

Mark we could merge with that. And yes we were private only because we were raising thousands on our own. If we did merge with toasts idea my group could out votes toasts easily in any voting matter. and besides there'd only be about 6k left to raise
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sun, 30 May 2010 20:10:10 +0000

I never intended funding to come from outside sources because they don't know squat about the game, and if you did happen to tell them "It's for an online game", some of those investors would withdraw their money. Did I mention there's no income guaranteed? There really isn't, unless you have documented proof of such a steady flow of income.

Anyways, I'm sorry you're royally pissed off, but let's be frank about this: there's great strength in numbers, and you're down by a few grand. Merge, and potentially, we could prevail.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sun, 30 May 2010 20:12:20 +0000

Toast did you not read my post my group would be majority holders. And they are all CW players. They have expresssed interest in CW. But i will take this matter up with them. Id appreciate it if you mailed me outside of Cw to talk about this. As it is up to the rest of my group as well.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby michaelarby on Sun, 30 May 2010 21:35:23 +0000

my god you lot are a bunch of whiny immature bastards. to mark first of all- 'shut the **** up'? was that really necessary? this is supposed to be a serious discussion in regards to a huge sum of money- if you cant act with decorum and respect at this stage you're gonna be a complete twat to work with infuture.

secondly- to puppet-master: 'If we did merge with toasts idea my group could out votes toasts easily in any voting matter.' what the hell kinda way is that to talk about running a business?! kinda defeats the purpose of having a comitee if its gonna be an 'us and them' mentality, and ultimately its us players who wll suffer over your immaturity.

now i see that puppet was upset by toasts making this thread- but he did say it was inspired by your idea, so the first thing you should have said was- 'hey toast, we're already doing something like this- since you seem so commited, why dont you join our already near complete comitee- you seem to have your head in the right place so you'll fit right in!'

but instead you come in dropping f bombs and making 'my dick is bigger than your dick cos i say so' type insults.

Seriously- by the looks of it you lot couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
michaelarby
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sun, 30 May 2010 22:32:31 +0000

michaelarby wrote:my god you lot are a bunch of whiny immature bastards. to mark first of all- 'shut the **** up'? was that really necessary? this is supposed to be a serious discussion in regards to a huge sum of money- if you cant act with decorum and respect at this stage you're gonna be a complete twat to work with infuture.

secondly- to puppet-master: 'If we did merge with toasts idea my group could out votes toasts easily in any voting matter.' what the hell kinda way is that to talk about running a business?! kinda defeats the purpose of having a comitee if its gonna be an 'us and them' mentality, and ultimately its us players who wll suffer over your immaturity.

now i see that puppet was upset by toasts making this thread- but he did say it was inspired by your idea, so the first thing you should have said was- 'hey toast, we're already doing something like this- since you seem so commited, why dont you join our already near complete comitee- you seem to have your head in the right place so you'll fit right in!'

but instead you come in dropping f bombs and making 'my dick is bigger than your dick cos i say so' type insults.

Seriously- by the looks of it you lot couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

dude me and toast have been talking?? So wtf is up with this post?
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 31 May 2010 12:15:57 +0000

http://is.gd/cwPn0

Awwwww .....

Hope all your planning wasn't for nothing .....
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Mon, 31 May 2010 15:04:11 +0000

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:http://is.gd/cwPn0

Awwwww .....

This "planning" filled a boring day at work. It was the most entertaining 7 hours of my life.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Mon, 31 May 2010 22:45:06 +0000

Toast wrote:
[OSX] Myckaal wrote:http://is.gd/cwPn0

Awwwww .....

This "planning" filled a boring day at work. It was the most entertaining 7 hours of my life.

just 7 hours guwaf
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Return to General Chat