Was it worth it?

Talk about anything you want here.

Was it worth it?

Postby Legendary Hat on Fri, 14 May 2010 19:57:48 +0000

So it's been around 5 months since CW was reset. So I feel the question must be asked, was it worth it? In some ways yes, in many others no.

Good things:
-Players have earned their spots with donations being limited to simply D days
-New updates that were necessary (ex: cutting out interest) were able to be put in
-Updates that weren't necessary, but make things more interesting (ex: weapons, districts)

Bad things
-Less players
-Chat is consistently dead
-Forums are dead

The community is always what kept the game interesting to me, the community is dead. The reason being that with the reset CW knew we'd lose many people. That's would've been ok, had more advertising been done to recruit new players. Now it's once again too late. Why would somebody want to start now? It's too late to become a powerful player as those of us that have stuck around have been active and are now too far ahead, just like pre-reset. As already mentioned, the community is dead so unlike pre-reset, people wouldn't stay just for the community. While it pissed me and others off that people could donate to the top pre-reset, that did get a few new faces around. Even if it wasn't all the way to the top, it allowed them to at least have fun playing the game while being a casual donator. Now we're stuck in almost a worse hole then before.

That's my thoughts on the reset. Post yours. Although, I bet with the community the way it is I'll get a response from Rusty, Ozy, and maybe a couple others and that'll be it...
Legendary Hat
Staff

CW Profile

Re: Was it worth it?

Postby Diseased Violence on Fri, 14 May 2010 20:15:25 +0000

[AD]Notorious wrote:I bet with the community the way it is I'll get a response from Rusty, Ozy, and maybe a couple others and that'll be it...

HAHAHA, so damn true..

I'll be one of the "couple others" and get back to this when I'm not at work.
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Fri, 14 May 2010 22:13:53 +0000

I concur, and i too will be one of the others. 9 different people to post in this. Max.
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby 5iM on Sat, 15 May 2010 01:51:09 +0000

i dont think its to late yet, we need players and we need a steady flow of them. more players = more revenue.. has the owner forgotten this? more players means more chances for someone to donate, it ends up being a positive gain after a while. after all, its a game for us but a business for the ones who profit. if the game fails this time there will be no one to blame but the ones in the advertising department.

DO SOMETHING!!!!
5iM
Donator

CW Profile

Postby ShockRide on Sat, 15 May 2010 03:31:42 +0000

BLEGH!!!
ShockRide
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Jimmie Rustlez on Sun, 16 May 2010 19:05:35 +0000

I must be psychic. Did we not say this would happen?
Jimmie Rustlez
Donator

CW Profile

Postby {DD}Illminded1 on Sun, 16 May 2010 19:31:50 +0000

as far as donating went alot of us that did stay around played it smart and mass bought d days right after the reset when they were only 20-40k per and now havent got to donate think i bought around 300+dds for 1/8th the current price
{DD}Illminded1
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PelicanBay on Sun, 16 May 2010 19:54:02 +0000

I went one better, I mass bought before the reset and after when they were only around 25 to 40k each, so now Ive got around 3 years worth of ddays.

I dont think its completely too late yet, but we are getting close. We need more players and the admins need to be more active and responsive to the regular players. Ive personally mailed admins about 5 different issues and only gotten responses to one of them.

As for the community,,,,, its dead, except for maybe half a dozen regular players that have always been there. CW has been a part of my life for many years now and I would hate to see it go away, so I sincerely hope something changes soon.
PelicanBay

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Sun, 16 May 2010 20:35:20 +0000

We need more players to get the game going again, everyone knows it and the only way to do that is advertising. If any advertising is being done atm there are two problems:
a) it is not worth the money as not enough people are joining
b) The advertising is not I good sites as I have never seen a CW advert

I was looking at advertising on facebook, everyone uses facebook so would have a huge community to get potential players. As payment for this you could deside the price you pay per click you get on the advert (I persume the higher it is the more your advert is shown). However, I also understand that Orsm might not have the money to be able to afford much. You can also put a MAX price per day, which you are willing to put on, meaning that they will put you ad on all day till that is reached and when it has you don't lose any more money.

The advised amount to pay per click is half a dollar (US). If you do this and pay a max of $5 a day you would get 10 new players per day. If one of those 10 players play the game, they would buy DDs (normally at least 30). Doing that would give orsm his money back. Although that person might not buy the ddays, some one else would, so Orsm get his money either way.

Back on topic if the reset way worth it, up to this point I would say NO. I was very for the reset but so far I feel it has not got anywhere near it's potential.
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby michaelarby on Mon, 17 May 2010 00:24:07 +0000

well i only started playin again a month ago and im climbing the ranks quite quickly- so new players neednt feel left out completely. though i reckon that issues about power players stayin at the top etc need to be addressed to make the game more ocmpetitive, rather than just racing through energy to get your score higher and higher. and the problem is- the admins shold have thought of a solution to this before the reset, rather than just wait until whenever and implement it afterwards- that way the reset made no difference to the underlying problems of cw and instead just reduced everyones numbers.

ps- does anyone else have really bad connection problems gettin on to cw? about half the times i go to log on it says it cant find the server...
michaelarby
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Tue, 18 May 2010 21:26:13 +0000

everythign is worth soemthing
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Wed, 19 May 2010 08:43:59 +0000

but somethings are worth nothing ;)
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PelicanBay on Wed, 19 May 2010 17:09:41 +0000

Well, Orsm is trying to sell CW, so I fear were all going to go through this again.
PelicanBay

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Thu, 20 May 2010 20:15:20 +0000

If someone as dedicated as me can come to a stop and say "Hey, this just isn't fun anymore", you know it's doomed.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby ShockRide on Sat, 22 May 2010 16:24:11 +0000

Not A Toast wrote:If someone as dedicated as me can come to a stop and say "Hey, this just isn't fun anymore", you know it's doomed.

Well, you can count me in as well when I start renaming myself names such as "Bored out of my skull" and "Full of Wind". We need to build community in this game. At least for me, the actual game always took second place.

I think the worst part of this game at the moment is that we need more people. Changing the rules, complaining about different aspects of this game is secondary. Maybe hooking this game up to facebook or something like that would help. The most popular game on Facebook right now started off as a stand alone game. Another idea would be to encourage people to post links other places. It seemed like there was more visibility pre-reset into obtaining rewards for doing so.

Lyn on another thread defended allowing people to buy their way to the top as building community. Well, maybe he was right.

Question is not... was it worth it, but rather, what is ORSM going to do about it, and what can he do to MAKE US PART OF THE PROCESS.

BTW, I am disappointed in ORSM. He really didn't "re-open" cyber-wars until December. He needs to let it run for a year to see what happens. He needs to make an effort to advertise. I know he is probably disheartened by how it is currently going, but a normal business needs a year to determine its fate.
ShockRide
Donator

CW Profile

Return to General Chat