BUS/HD/CPU/RAM tactics post battle system V2

Talk about anything you want here.

Which stat do you think is most important?

BUS! Hit them now and block them back!
53%
HD! Hit them hard the first time and they won't hit back!
7%
CPU! Don't give them a chance!
13%
RAM! Take the hit like a man and get them back later!
7%
Firewall! Screw the other stats, if this is big enough you ain't going down!
20%

Total votes : 15

BUS/HD/CPU/RAM tactics post battle system V2

Postby Rusty on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 00:33:51 +0000

I'm helping redo the wiki at the moment and I want to make sure my opinions don't get in the way of things, so I was wondering if any of you players out there use an especially weighted system? The old system was a simple choice between CPU-RAM/HD-RAM/HD-CPU and the old wiki has a lot of redundant stuff about that, but now with the more complex system it isn't that easy to say. I personally use a strong BUS one, but I want to know about any opinions on tactics to do with having a high RAM/CPU/HD, and how much FW you need to compensate for it.
Edit: And to annoy you even more, lets have a poll :P Well, just to simply say which stat you put as your highest (you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, and I won't reset it and ask you to re-vote for your favourite one :P)

Another edit: And can you PLEASE comment as well as vote, as the pages won't get done and the wiki won't be opened until I get more of your opinions so I can write the pages!
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Re: BUS/HD/CPU/RAM tactics post battle system V2

Postby Myckaal on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:21:00 +0000

All four of the stats are important in one way or another, and the varied builds that players are using reflect the different ways they can be combined.

Hard Drive: it is the Caliber and type of ammo you use. If you don't upgrade it much, it's be like tying to fight a war with a bb gun; not much use unless you are fighting a bunch of squirrels. So you'll definitely want to upgrade that but not to the point that you neglect the others.

CPU Speed:It's your 'Gun's' Reload Rate. This is important for the obvious, but for those that need it spelled out for them; if this Stat is Low you might as well be firing a sniper rifle, where as if it is Higher you'd be running a semi-auto to a Chain-gun.

RAM: It's your body armor. If you are Fast, Accurate, and Powerful enough, you don't Necessarily need a lot of it But you'll always be glad you have it when going against a tougher Foe.

Bus Speed: Is important because, well it's not speed. . . it's your Aim/Accuracy. But more importantly, it acts as the modifier for damage calculation in combat. You can have all the CPU Speed, Hard Drive Strength, or RAM Defense in the game, but without Bus Speed you'll be no better off then a group of Storm Troopers trying to hit the broad side of a Star Destroyer. Your target had better be that huge or you'll never hit it.

In all cases, high BUS is a must, as it seems to be the damage modifier in combat. The higher your modifier, the better your overall battle.

With the small random element thrown in, at the right place, there is effectively no "best build." There can be the theoretical "best," but the battle log, as many can attest, can have widely different results.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:41:16 +0000

And it depends also of what district your gang holds ... it's like a permanent Virus !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:44:07 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:And it depends also of what district your gang holds ... it's like a permanent Virus !

We're assuming newbs reading the wiki have no districts yet so discount them :P

Does anyone have anything good to say/tactics to use specifically for RAM? I personally think it's the weakest of the lot, so I want someone to disagree with me XD
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Return to General Chat