Vote for you UPDATE!

Vote for you UPDATE!

Postby Orsm on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:31:28 +0000

Since we have been voting Staff and the like to CW why not have you guys make suggestions to be voted upon?

Here is how this will work

1. You make the suggestion
2. Aoen says yay or nay
3. All the yay's are put into a poll
4. Depending on the amount of yay's will depend if a multiple vote is needed
5. Winning suggestion will be added either at the end of April or into May (Aoen will confirm)

So CW is now in your hands so get thinking and get suggesting. Once we have 10-15 good ideas the suggesting will close and the voting polls will open.

PS... Don't go getting pissed off when something is knocked back, suggestions will be Merritt based and need to fit into the game direction and development. No means NO.
Also if something is knocked back does not mean it will be looked at in the future.

Rusty will be running the thread and polls.

Orsm :)
Orsm
Admin

CW Profile

Re: Vote for you UPDATE!

Postby Sha{DD}ow on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:08:53 +0000

The only update that i request is that Dates be put not only for the mail inbox but for the sent box as well.

I know this is a 'stupid' small update, but would come in handy at times!

That is all!
Sha{DD}ow
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:49:42 +0000

I would ask to have the reset actions at the same time as the clock, instead of 10-33 seconds later.
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby I Am K88 on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:56:42 +0000

raise the IQ cap. a couple of people are really ragging on how that hasnt been done. will a little more IQ hurt?
I Am K88

CW Profile

Postby [7s]Light Spawn on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:02:15 +0000

I suggest that the intent boost be doubled not that im complaining or any thing .......let's see I was thinking hacking for Hacking skill ....... a good inverse that would help with that side of raising that skill since we have hacking for IQ any bitters on this one?
and over all let the Best Cm candidate win .......seriously we need some chat enforcement ive seen to much slide or not get handled because of a timing issue
[7s]Light Spawn
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [7s] Twidget on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:13:11 +0000

While it's a minor gripe, my suggestion would be to stop using code stored on external websites to run functions that execute every time you click something. While the live clock is nice to see up in the corner, page generation times have tripled since it's addition, thanks to the calls to googleapis.com and plugins.jquery.com, along with the google analytics for every click that we already had. CW just feels sluggish now, especially so compared to OTCW. It's even worse when you're on a latency-challenged internet connection, like cellular internet, or a crappy wifi link. You can sit there and watch the connections happen in the browser status bar.

I would keep the live clock in the top right corner and the clock tower, but lose it everywhere else. The running update on a person's view page is a waste, for instance. You still have to refresh the page to see if where they last went has been changed, for instance.
[7s] Twidget
Donator

CW Profile

Postby CandyGrrl on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:25:27 +0000

we need to work out smaller, mini-goals within the game. not to blaspheme about another game here, but something like the little badges you constantly win in mafia wars. some smaller, relatively inconsequential goal that gives one a small bonus and some bragging rights, and something to do beyond the endless training one is to expect here after max iq.
need you. dream you. find you. taste you. **** you. use you. scar you. break you. lose me. hate me. smash me. erase me.
CandyGrrl
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:52:43 +0000

I am thinking more along the lines of, Aoen creates a list of Challenges in order from easiest to hardest. After each mission you can choose between an EC, CD, other reward or a mystery box.

EX.
Challenge 1: Make an Energy Charge.
Challenge 2: Buy a server.
Challenge 3: Defeat 3 people in Hacking Arena.
Challenge 4: Sell a Energy Charge on he market.
Challenge 5: Join a gang.
Challenge 87: Get to level 200.
Challenge 88: Be in the top 5 Kills for your team.
Challenge 89: Start a business -- This is where it gets harder.
Challenge 157: Be a gang owner for a month.
Challenge 158: Use 100 ECs at once.
etc...
You can only access next challenge after completing the one before it.
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:53:52 +0000

+1 test to see if the posts work?

Also, I really think that Rusty's "Top Suggestions!" current method (though even it has it's flaws), is less of a hassle than this...

*edit* Yay, it worked, and as Junny said...
Bob the Sloth - 11:52:20
If you can do it, you are a god.

So therefore I am a god?
Last edited by [1]Savage Wolf on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:56:07 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:01:10 +0000

Can everyone remember that the regular suggestions forum will still be around while this is going on, so you can still suggest your 'small' updates there. I'd like it if big updates were suggested for this, as this is the time to get them passed ;)
$CandyGrrl$ wrote:we need to work out smaller, mini-goals within the game. not to blaspheme about another game here, but something like the little badges you constantly win in mafia wars. some smaller, relatively inconsequential goal that gives one a small bonus and some bragging rights, and something to do beyond the endless training one is to expect here after max iq.

This has already been approved and is awaiting ideas: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2801
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby CandyGrrl on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:16:12 +0000

I'd like it if big updates were suggested for this, as this is the time to get them passed

aside from "get new coders", "raise the max iq", and "make another clock update", what "big" update has been suggested in this forum, rusty? and where did it say these had to be new suggestions? i missed that. i wasn't aiming for new. i was trying for something that could work, and has been ignored, "awaiting ideas". a suggestion that merits consideration. so stuff it. :P
need you. dream you. find you. taste you. **** you. use you. scar you. break you. lose me. hate me. smash me. erase me.
CandyGrrl
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:26:00 +0000

Bob the Sloth wrote:I am thinking more along the lines of, Aoen creates a list of Challenges in order from easiest to hardest. After each mission you can choose between an EC, CD, other reward or a mystery box.

EX.
Challenge 1: Make an Energy Charge.
Challenge 2: Buy a server.
Challenge 3: Defeat 3 people in Hacking Arena.
Challenge 4: Sell a Energy Charge on he market.
Challenge 5: Join a gang.
Challenge 87: Get to level 200.
Challenge 88: Be in the top 5 Kills for your team.
Challenge 89: Start a business -- This is where it gets harder.
Challenge 157: Be a gang owner for a month.
Challenge 158: Use 100 ECs at once.
etc...
You can only access next challenge after completing the one before it.

thanks for stealing my idea
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2801
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:46:14 +0000

$CandyGrrl$ wrote: and where did it say these had to be new suggestions? i missed that. i wasn't aiming for new.

There is nothing wrong with suggesting an old suggestion. In fact, I think there are a number of old suggestions that it might be good to bring back up at this point as we can get them passed. However, with this suggestion orsm has already said yes. If it wins the competition, orsm will still say yes and nothing much will have been achieved ;) I'm not here to say what you can and can't suggest, but what I can suggest is to maybe suggesting something orsm has said no to before but that the players want, because then you'll get some progress made :)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:47:29 +0000

$CandyGrrl$ wrote:
i wasn't aiming for new. i was trying for something that could work, and has been ignored, "awaiting ideas". a suggestion that merits consideration. so stuff it. :P

All I read was "My ideas are better than everyone else's ideas, therefore my ideas should be implemented first and right now"
Toast

CW Profile

Postby ten on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:13:36 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:I would ask to have the reset actions at the same time as the clock, instead of 10-33 seconds later.

I want an option to disable it. My PC clock works just fine.
ten

CW Profile

Next

Return to Vote for your UPDATE!