Add live time to the top of the page

Approved Suggestions

Add live time to the top of the page

Postby Rusty on Sun, 10 Jan 2010 01:58:10 +0000

Overview
You can't tell how long it is until a reset without checking the clock tower all the time and so can loose ECs by using them too near the hour or not know when to refresh a page to do gang war kills etc.

Suggested Implementation
In the layouts, add at the top of the page (maybe above user name) the current server time (rather than local time) so we know when the next hourly and daily reset is

Improvements This Makes
You can use ECs nearer the time and can refresh pages knowing the reset has happened, preventing unnecessary refreshing before the reset.

Possible Drawbacks
I don't know how coding/websites work, but having this on every page could slow down the server or something I don't know about :P However, this is already used in the gang war countdown timer (although that is only one page, and doing it on all pages may lag the server (again, i don't know :P)).
You can just use your ECs at a sensible time and continue to f5 reset dependant pages.

Summary
I'm sure this update isn't too hard to code in, and although I don't know about the effects on the server it is already implemented on some pages, and would reduce unneeded pre-reset page loading.

This suggestion has used Rusty's recommended suggestion format! If you like/dislike it, please post a comment there.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Re: Add live time to the top of the page

Postby born2hack on Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:15:17 +0000

+1
This game deserves a better class of Net Guards...I'm gonna give it to 'em.
born2hack
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Orsm on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 00:41:24 +0000

Approved
Orsm
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Andi on Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:29:49 +0000

Done.
Andi
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:38:52 +0000

I appreciate the fast implementation of this idea, but a key concept of 'live' has been removed from it. Although this is defiantly an improvement, the time is static so much f5ing must still be had near reset times.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:53:30 +0000

kinda like my greasemonkey script a while back?
the javascript would add and iframe always at the top of the page, for directing to this page
http://cyberwars.pappyspage.com/time.php
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:14:13 +0000

PaPPy wrote:kinda like my greasemonkey script a while back?
the javascript would add and iframe always at the top of the page, for directing to this page
http://cyberwars.pappyspage.com/time.php

Exactly this. Now how do I put this on CW's page? :P
Also pappy, you seem to have some really good stuff just lying around, you should share this with us!

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:49:42 +0000

PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:29:48 +0000

PaPPy wrote:get firefox
get greasemonkey https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
install this script http://cyberwars.pappyspage.com/clock.user.js

done

Great job Pappy !!
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:31:51 +0000

ive had it for years
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:52:00 +0000

PaPPy wrote:ive had it for years

Any more greasemonkey scripts for CW you willing to share? :P

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:40:48 +0000

PaPPy, can you add :
Code: Select all
http://www.cyber-wars.com/jailcounter.php*

To the exceptions in your
Code: Select all
http://cyberwars.pappyspage.com/clock.user.js

Otherwise we have 2 clocks while in Jail ... GRRR ... makes time go slower :D
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:18:45 +0000

done u must redownload the script, or edit it urself
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:55:44 +0000

Thought the jail counter was odd, and I posted here but deleted the edit as when I looked again it was normal and I thought I was going crazy XD

Rusty

CW Profile

Return to Top Suggestions