~NCW NEWS~ 1/02/10

This forum is for user generated news, for the people by the people!

~NCW NEWS~ 1/02/10

Postby Player Unknown on Sat, 02 Jan 2010 22:56:14 +0000

So another week has gone by in the game we all call Cyber-Wars. Not much has changed since last week besides adding 3 more gangs to the game. OSX, DD, and BAD. These gangs were all thriving pre-reset we shall have to see how they do this time around. There have been talks of the IQ bonus for getting the team kills. This has been confirmed to 1000 team kills = 2.5 IQ 2000 team kills = 5 IQ 10000 team kills = 10 IQ. This may seem like a super duper great idea but if you think about it, instead of using the 50,000 energy to get 10,000 kills, you could study with that energy and get 100 IQ. Now that's 10x as much as you would get from getting the kills. So what i'm getting at is it's more beneficial to study at this point in the game than to hack, unless you just love hacking then by all means take'em out!

The market seems to be doing alright. The website market is averaged at 175 per, EC at about 88k per, and DDay 36k per. Most would like to see the DDay market average raise up more, but we shall have to see how that works out. The economy doesn't seem to being doing that bad at all. We have 17 jailed players and about 16 of those are multis. So the number is increasing but not that fast. With 1288 total players, you don't even notice those caught multis in there.

I hope everyone had a nice New Years! Enjoy all the snow if you get any.

There isn't much more happening in CW this week, I hope you enjoy the read!

~Smuggs
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Re: ~NCW NEWS~ 1/02/10

Postby Rusty on Sat, 02 Jan 2010 23:31:52 +0000

lol I agree CW is a little quite atm. Yesterday the 'view new posts' button came up with nothing, so I almost reported it as a bug until I found out that it was just that no one had posted in the forums for 24 hours :P

Smuggs wrote:So what i'm getting at is it's more beneficial to study at this point in the game than to hack, unless you just love hacking then by all means take'em out!

I like the concept of 'at this point in the game'. Will it be better to hack at some point? :P But I agree with the logic that you may as well study than get the IQ bonus, although even studying is very inefficient. May even be more useful to train hacking skill and get your hacking % up ;)

And again a good summary of the news. You can also see Rusty's End of Year Economic Report for more info on the state of CW's economy [/plug] :P
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby ten on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 07:13:44 +0000

1.If you averaged 4 exp and 1052 cyber-dollars per kill in those 10000, how many levels would you go up assuming you started at 25 and your gang tax was 10%?
2. How much would your stats increase from the levels?
3. How much would your IQ increase from the levels?
4. Would you be in the top 10 monuments for kills/losses?

:lol:
ten

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:10:22 +0000

ten wrote:1.If you averaged 4 exp and 1052 cyber-dollars per kill in those 10000, how many levels would you go up assuming you started at 25 and your gang tax was 10%?
2. How much would your stats increase from the levels?
3. How much would your IQ increase from the levels?
4. Would you be in the top 10 monuments for kills/losses?

:lol:

1. Having consulted the Rustybrand lvlulator, it says that you will reach level 74 (if not in a gang, a few less if in) and 10 mil CDs, although selling the 10k ECs would get you 90 mil CDs.
2. 7.4 IQ is the only one I've ever paid attention to :P The Rustybrand FWulator starts at lvl 95, but I can guess it would be somewhere between 2k and 3k.
3. Oh, didn't read this one before I answered the last one (I always do that :P)
4. #1 for wins, and depending on how good you were at predicting probably somewhere in the losses :P
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 04:17:40 +0000

sure i'll start adding in stuff like that in next week.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:41:14 +0000

To be fair, it was a pretty slow news week. More has happened in this week already so I'm sure the news will be more interesting ;)

Rusty

CW Profile

Return to Unofficial CW News