~NCW's First News~

This forum is for user generated news, for the people by the people!

~NCW's First News~

Postby Player Unknown on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:15:47 +0000

The newest version of Cyber-Wars is underway. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Smuggs or some of you may know me as Asuke or Chaos. I have taken the privilege of writing the news in Hat's permanent absence.

So who would've thought CW would get reset? Truth is most people thought this would be the end of CW. After orsm's announcement of the changes even more people thought NCW would utterly fail. I believe this version of CW was much worth the wait. As we are on day 7 of NCW the game looks very strong indeed. With the new added market system which has a penalty in place for listing an item for more than the average price, the economy seems to be steady. NCW now flows more smoothly this time around. The 5 minute and hour resets don't lag at all really. There have been talks of the economy basically going to crap after the arrival of the ability to sell Donator Days tomorrow is released. Noone can really say what is going to happen but with the new market system and the average price set for donator days at 500k CDS, we could assume that everything will be ok. I'll have more news on this topic in the next edition.

Skip has told me that multis are pretty much non-existent as of now. He's only jailed a few people. As of this second 8 users are jailed and 5 of those are indeed multis. The CW community is reaching just over 500 people and still growing daily. This means the game is indeed growing. We are averaging around 40-50 players online at all hours of the day, and there does seem to be a noticeable difference in hackers/netguards ratios. I see more hackers on than netguards quite a bit. This doesn't say much this early in the game but i would imagine hackers winning the weekly wars for quite a bit.

In other news, the new equipment is working out great. I'll remind everyone that they can now sell their equipment via the sell button at the button of the equipment screen. There is sure to be more equipment coming as the game continues to grow so that's something to look out for. We are getting closer to people getting their first intent boosts which is definitely the hardest, and now Isee that gate was the first to reach level 50, gratz for him. I hope everyone has a nice holiday the next edition will most likely be out the day after Christmas if all goes well. Please leave comments down below, have a nice holiday.

~Smuggs
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Re: ~NCW's First News~

Postby Blanz on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:47:37 +0000

500k for DDays? LOL, and to think people were complaining about ec prices
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:50:23 +0000

thats what the average is as of now, this might be a preset
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:05:53 +0000

I assume it will drop dramatically and that is just a place filler, as previously there was a bug I reported where the DD average was always equal to the web average.
Nice job on the first news btw! If you want me to give you a weekly update from Rusty's inflation watch as I gave hat just drop me a line, although give me a week to get it started up first ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:49:37 +0000

yes sir! hah and thanks
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby jinius on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:44:58 +0000

I reckon the reset was worth it, if nothing else it has made CW fun again! (As a few people have mentioned) I like the new equipment feature too, the last one was a pain in the arse, especially when it came to creating and naming personalised weapons, it became tedious. The game seems faster too, maybe this is because we don't have 5000 players online simultaniously (yet).

So congrats to Orsm for rejuvenating CW.

I wonder how long it will take for those ex-players who refused to play again, to come slinking back when they hear how the reset worked?
jinius
Donator

CW Profile

Postby HT{gow} on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:39:13 +0000

|BAD|jinius wrote:I reckon the reset was worth it, if nothing else it has made CW fun again! (As a few people have mentioned) I like the new equipment feature too, the last one was a pain in the arse, especially when it came to creating and naming personalised weapons, it became tedious. The game seems faster too, maybe this is because we don't have 5000 players online simultaniously (yet).

So congrats to Orsm for rejuvenating CW.

I wonder how long it will take for those ex-players who refused to play again, to come slinking back when they hear how the reset worked?

You cant say that the game has improved when there has only been 1 week and all new updates/features have not yet been added... give it a couple of months and see how things go, maybe one idea to see you can check how many subscribers the game has by checking who has donator status and who does not.. i was given my d-days back but have not got donator status i guess you only get that with a sub??

Its nice to see the news back in full swing, lets hope Smuggs keeps it up :)
HT{gow}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby ShockRide on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:44:09 +0000

Great well written article Smuggs!!! Considering that Hat only did three news articles and he got a lot of help, I would not consider you to be taking over his place. If you can keep on writing articles like your first one and in a timely fashion, it is YOUR position.

Keep up the good work. :D
ShockRide
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:12:46 +0000

helltrooper wrote: i was given my d-days back but have not got donator status i guess you only get that with a sub??

I think they updated it so that only people who have actually donated get donator status.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:37:38 +0000

Rusty wrote:
helltrooper wrote: i was given my d-days back but have not got donator status i guess you only get that with a sub??

I think they updated it so that only people who have actually donated get donator status.

yes they followed my suggestion in that regard.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby jinius on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:47:32 +0000

Code: Select all
[quote="helltrooper"]
You cant say that the game has improved when there has only been 1 week and all new updates/features have not yet been added... [/quote]

Didn't say it had improved, said that the reset was worth it in that its rejuvenated thee game, it was starting to stagnate, now its fun again.

I subscribed and don't have Donator status in my stats page or 'players online' butido in here and in chat.. :/
jinius
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:10:46 +0000

Have you paid any money yet?
Also, a good point is raised in that everyone will be a donator in the forums...

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Orsm on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 23:07:56 +0000

Great thread Smuggs keep it coming :)
Orsm
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:23:51 +0000

thanks and i will. Next One due on sat
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:20:54 +0000

Protip: Post after the weekly reset, maybe?
Seems like a logical time that new things should come :P

Rusty

CW Profile

Next

Return to Unofficial CW News