Inaccessible

If you think you've found a bug, post it here.

Inaccessible

Postby [7s] nemovc on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:42:11 +0000

For some reason, whenever I try to access CW from my home internet connection, the server does not respond in a timely manner, and the webpage times out. This has only been a recent thing, my first thought was that i'd been IPblocked for some unknown reason, but then i realized that I wouldn't be IPBlocked and then not username blocked. I have, numerous times, reset my router, disabled firewall, tried it on without a router etc but none of these strategies worked so I'm fairly certain its not a problem my end. I'm not looking for compensation (but a DDay or 3 would be nice :P) merely a fix.

FYI i have an Australian IP, my ISP is Telstra, it affects the entire site... I can't tell you my IP because it dynamically changes and I'm not on that network now, because otherwise I wouldn't be on this page. Any other information you need?
[7s] nemovc
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Inaccessible

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:49:58 +0000

I get the "server timeout" a lot as well lately...
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby ShockRide on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 12:31:04 +0000

[7s] nemovc wrote:For some reason, whenever I try to access CW from my home internet connection, the server does not respond in a timely manner, and the webpage times out. This has only been a recent thing, my first thought was that i'd been IPblocked for some unknown reason, but then i realized that I wouldn't be IPBlocked and then not username blocked. I have, numerous times, reset my router, disabled firewall, tried it on without a router etc but none of these strategies worked so I'm fairly certain its not a problem my end. I'm not looking for compensation (but a DDay or 3 would be nice :P) merely a fix.

FYI i have an Australian IP, my ISP is Telstra, it affects the entire site... I can't tell you my IP because it dynamically changes and I'm not on that network now, because otherwise I wouldn't be on this page. Any other information you need?

From my understanding of your statement. You cannot connect from your home internet, but you can connect from somewhere else.
Not to be a smart ass, but, that would tell me that it is indeed your home internet connection.

In all seriousness, I wonder if your home internet is just slow enough to trigger the problem. Is CW is slowing down just enough so that you are having problems. And, is this a warning of what is to come for the rest of us.
ShockRide
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Andi on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:01:24 +0000

You should be able to access it now.
Andi
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:14:19 +0000

Don't see why my connection should give me this trouble, and it's only here.

Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Andi on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 20:03:16 +0000

Metropolitan area network tests are not relevant in this case.
Andi
Admin

CW Profile

Postby [7s] nemovc on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 23:01:30 +0000

ShockRide wrote:
[7s] nemovc wrote:For some reason, whenever I try to access CW from my home internet connection, the server does not respond in a timely manner, and the webpage times out. This has only been a recent thing, my first thought was that i'd been IPblocked for some unknown reason, but then i realized that I wouldn't be IPBlocked and then not username blocked. I have, numerous times, reset my router, disabled firewall, tried it on without a router etc but none of these strategies worked so I'm fairly certain its not a problem my end. I'm not looking for compensation (but a DDay or 3 would be nice :P) merely a fix.

From my understanding of your statement. You cannot connect from your home internet, but you can connect from somewhere else.
Not to be a smart ass, but, that would tell me that it is indeed your home internet connection.

In all seriousness, I wonder if your home internet is just slow enough to trigger the problem. Is CW is slowing down just enough so that you are having problems. And, is this a warning of what is to come for the rest of us.

Ysee I also thought that it would mandate a problem with _my_ connection, but if there was a problem with my internet then you would surely expect some other sites to be affected but this is not the case.

And no, my internet _speed_ is not the problem. As a point of interest, the problem has temporarily disappeared (I'm typing this from home) but I'm wondering if its permanently gone...
[7s] nemovc
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:37:29 +0000

This is the message I get very often and it's only on CW, no other web pages.

Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Bug Reports