Firewall restore every 5 minutes

Here is where admin and staff can post updates to appear on the front page. You can still comment.

Firewall restore every 5 minutes

Postby Andi on Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:49:35 +0000

Computer repair will happen every 5 minutes.

Thanks,
Andi
Andi
Admin

CW Profile

Re: Firewall restore every 5 minutes

Postby Sha{DD}ow on Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:55:41 +0000

hmm.. this might be cool.. Makes computer repair a little pointless now, and leveling SOO much easier... Thats good!! Make gang wars go MUCH faster! Might be on to something here.. We'll see how it works ;)
Sha{DD}ow
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [EPCI]Gatekeeper on Fri, 05 Nov 2010 23:30:54 +0000

Love it...more ppl should be able to lvl now. Nice add andi
[EPCI]Gatekeeper

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 07:54:37 +0000

every 5' is ridiculous ..

this isn't going to help the new guys at all => since everyone starting before them will have gazillions levels ...

The only good thing, it's people will use their ECs to level and buy more dds from Andi to do it .. Congrats on making this NeoUBERcw !!

No more efforts needed, you miss 1 reset .. so what you still have 11 more this hour !!

Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby The Problem on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 08:28:00 +0000

ShOzbot {DD} wrote:every 5' is ridiculous ..

this isn't going to help the new guys at all => since everyone starting before them will have gazillions levels ...

The only good thing, it's people will use their ECs to level and buy more dds from Andi to do it .. Congrats on making this NeoUBERcw !!

No more efforts needed, you miss 1 reset .. so what you still have 11 more this hour !!

For once I agree with ozy, the whole point of TSPL was to stop the top players from getting too far away, except now that's basically moot as they can level faster than ever, except people below them will find it even harder to catch up to them. honestly I think removing TSPL and making healing every 30mins would have been much better.
The Problem
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:41:41 +0000

I also find myself agreeing with Oz & Mentor but maybe every 15minutes ?
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [EPCI]Gatekeeper on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 13:35:39 +0000

How does this not help new ppl? PPL like twidget ozy and myself that are always killing now have no way that we can possbly keep up with killing everyone everytime they are alive anymore. This opens this game up for a lot more ppl than those that set there alarm clock to make sure they only play this game 5 mins an hour. I have seen a lot more ppl killing that just twidget,ozy and myself in the hours since reset which to me makes this look like it was a good idea. However I did figure that ozy would not like this(I could not pinpoint the reason why he would not like it, but I figured that changing the game at all would be a life changing event he would not welcome). I personally think this is a good thing for everyone in the game. Most ppl are already reserved to the fact that twidget and ozy are too far ahead to have a chance to catch up(like ozy and I were talking about yesterday when we spoke of it taking me about 5-6 months of him retiring for me to have a chance at #2) With this quite a few ppl would have a chance to move up if that were to happen or if someone ahead of them just was not as active as a person willing to kill and train.
[EPCI]Gatekeeper

CW Profile

Postby Sha{DD}ow on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 14:13:19 +0000

I think this is a decent update, the only thing i'm not sure i like is that its every 5 min. As i said in my first post, this take away gang heals, and now we could actually do MUCH bigger gang wars. since we can kill a 500 kill war in a day! ( i suppose thats not a bad thing, as it saves gang money.). all i think is that this be moved to say 20min (3 times an hour) or 30 min (2 times an hour). But, but yes, ozy and twiggy are way to far ahead for even me to catch up.... unless they both just flat out stop for a few months. But, what this seems like is... its a battle to be active..The more active the better. (as its always been, but now 1000% more)
Sha{DD}ow
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 15:33:10 +0000

lol Gate, it doesn't change much for my life .. since I retired a few weeks ago already .. didn't you notice :)

the only thing that bugs me, it's now, I wasted loads of time here on CW for nothing, since any one can do the same in 12 time less effort ...

Again an Idea that should have been done at reset, not (Age: 329 days) 328 days after ...
but, whatever .. if it make more money coming in .. good for you Andi !!!

I'm still curious to know the reason for this change ..

1) Giving more levels to the Active players ?
2) Using more ECs per hour => increase the price of ECs in a short time ?
3) Increase the UBER donator to be able to level ?
4) Increase the logs file for when you do log in ?
5) Make hunting and hacking people easier ? (more cry babies to come)
6) Make CW an easier game to be on top ? (less challenging)

I lol also about, when andi removed 160+ levels from me because the NPC gave too many levels too fast .. and now he does this .. LMFAO ! :lol:
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby theoneandonlyCire on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 18:35:49 +0000

Oooohhh so this is why I had 70 log messages when I signed in. I thought I just forgot to clear them after a hacking spree.
Well, I have to admit, I was initially like "wtf we're all gonna die from this! .... irl!" Then I read Gate's comment and came to my senses.
Alright, I see how it would help others catch up to the big-level monsters.
My only fear is that those monsters start getting more active instead of just retreating, and create an even WIDER gap.

Feelings aside, with this change, I think we need to lower the gang member requirements for gang wars. It won't take 20 members to do a 500 kill war anyMORE, in fact with 72 hours to do a gang war, you could do 850~ kills even if the opposing gang only has one member. So, I finally want the 200+ point kill wars in my options list, please and thanks.
Cire
theoneandonlyCire

CW Profile

Postby The Problem on Sat, 06 Nov 2010 19:18:37 +0000

GK is HUNG wrote:How does this not help new ppl? PPL like twidget ozy and myself that are always killing now have no way that we can possbly keep up with killing everyone everytime they are alive anymore. This opens this game up for a lot more ppl than those that set there alarm clock to make sure they only play this game 5 mins an hour. I have seen a lot more ppl killing that just twidget,ozy and myself in the hours since reset which to me makes this look like it was a good idea. However I did figure that ozy would not like this(I could not pinpoint the reason why he would not like it, but I figured that changing the game at all would be a life changing event he would not welcome). I personally think this is a good thing for everyone in the game. Most ppl are already reserved to the fact that twidget and ozy are too far ahead to have a chance to catch up(like ozy and I were talking about yesterday when we spoke of it taking me about 5-6 months of him retiring for me to have a chance at #2) With this quite a few ppl would have a chance to move up if that were to happen or if someone ahead of them just was not as active as a person willing to kill and train.

The reason it won't help people catch up is because before ozy and twid and the rest of the top 10 can now kill people level 100+ repeatedly, sure it takes more exp per level but they're also getting much more than they used to, before it was a race, whoever got the kills closest to the hour had an advantage, and everyone else had to kill whatever was left. I used to have to kill down to level 50 or so, now I can stay at 100 or so which makes it harder for people to catch me.
The Problem
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sun, 07 Nov 2010 09:28:39 +0000

IF I we're gonna go back playing this game it would be by the passion of killing, it sure have been made easier with this update but now I don't see the reason hacking as the targets heals in 4:59 anyway.

It sure gets gang wars much easier (giving out more payouts/stats(that also have been raised after reset) and leveling is easy as hell so what's the point with TSPL (made so it would be harder to gain stats) Wasn't this some of the reasons CW had a reset?

I think this update could be done in another way, like: Gang Upgrades "Heal Every" The gang could have a possibility to auto heal every x min, it should have a upkeep on x amount of x assets. This could also be combined with gangs level (would make gang levels mean something) = gang level 0-100 can buy the heal every 30 min, gang level 101-200 can buy the heal every 15 min...etc

ShOzbot {DD} wrote:Again an Idea that should have been done at reset, not (Age: 329 days) 328 days after ...

I lol also about, when andi removed 160+ levels from me because the NPC gave too many levels too fast .. and now he does this .. LMFAO ! :lol:

+1
+LOL
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Sun, 07 Nov 2010 12:50:18 +0000

Its okay saying that this update will help the noobs level faster but there aren't any around. We need to stop thinking about changing the game and think about increasing people who do play the game (Advertise). In any buisness you need to put money in to get more out. advertise now and then think about ways of stealing their monies.

This update has potential to be good, but I think it was rushed upon. 5 minutes is too short a period of time, 15minutes would probably be mimimum. I also like some of DV Idea about having the gang involved in this
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:04:02 +0000

{DD}MCKiller wrote:Its okay saying that this update will help the noobs level faster but there aren't any around. We need to stop thinking about changing the game and think about increasing people who do play the game (Advertise). In any buisness you need to put money in to get more out. advertise now and then think about ways of stealing their monies.

This update has potential to be good, but I think it was rushed upon. 5 minutes is too short a period of time, 15minutes would probably be mimimum. I also like some of DV Idea about having the gang involved in this

This is agreed upon. And i am sure i can show how active any noobs are because often when i check online players after i get home for a period of 8 hours it is usually less than 8 players during active timings. and at later in the day it is around 4people including me.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Return to News and Updates