Chance payout for busts

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Chance payout for busts

Postby :EPCI:GameOver on Sat, 05 May 2012 08:07:01 +0000

Hey,
I have an idea of a chance payout for a successful bust. At the moment there's nothing but cons for attempting to bust someone out (Jail time/10k bribe).. I feel that if there were a chance to win say... an EC or webs that more people would be busting people out and this could create more activity in chat.. As it is if I get busted hacking I simply close the window if no one is in 'Chat' to hear my calls.

This could help the newer guys get busted out too as it's not really fair being jailed 30mins for trying to bust them if they are only in jail for 15mins.
:EPCI:GameOver

CW Profile

Re: Chance payout for busts

Postby c://Porphyrius.epci on Sun, 06 May 2012 06:08:30 +0000

I like this idea. Unlike the heyday of CW, wherein there are hundreds of people lurking in chat and you could bust somebody out/get busted out by somebody at any time, today there is almost no chance of getting busted out if you are one of the unfortunate ones who tried hacking when nobody else is online. Also, for the busters, sometimes I log in, find a call for help in the chat's latest message, then find out soon enough that the jailed player has already been busted out or his time has elapsed, and now it is my turn to be alone in chat.

For that matter the Special Challenge "Player Busts" does not really work as a motivating factor. For example, if you are to get a reward for doing 30 required busts, but the jail area is not that busy as it should be and there are not enough jailed people to bust, you'd feel utterly regretful at the wasted opportunity.
c://Porphyrius.epci
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [EVO]DeezNUTzU8 on Mon, 07 May 2012 05:39:09 +0000

Well it is a good idea like you said and yes the factor to it is the games inactivity. The biggest problem in this game that everyone has is inactivity... its obvious that the older players that have gone and not returned most likely will not again... other then redeveloping the whole game i think cyber-wars needs more advertisement to bring the game back to life at the same time as redevelopment... I can probably say that most people left who play the game misss the activity... the chat drama... and the challenge of any player taking your rank.. and that is why i think not only redevelop everything... but advertise the shit out of Cyber-wars and bring in a new group to set the future for this game
[EVO]DeezNUTzU8
Donator

CW Profile

Postby EPCI Inactive Doomy on Mon, 07 May 2012 17:39:46 +0000

[EVO]DeezNUTzU8 wrote:Well it is a good idea like you said and yes the factor to it is the games inactivity. The biggest problem in this game that everyone has is inactivity... its obvious that the older players that have gone and not returned most likely will not again... other then redeveloping the whole game i think cyber-wars needs more advertisement to bring the game back to life at the same time as redevelopment... I can probably say that most people left who play the game misss the activity... the chat drama... and the challenge of any player taking your rank.. and that is why i think not only redevelop everything... but advertise the shit out of Cyber-wars and bring in a new group to set the future for this game

advertising had been done before, almost no one even signed up
EPCI Inactive Doomy
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [EVO]DeezNUTzU8 on Mon, 07 May 2012 18:48:20 +0000

EPCI Imaginary Doomy wrote:
[EVO]DeezNUTzU8 wrote:Well it is a good idea like you said and yes the factor to it is the games inactivity. The biggest problem in this game that everyone has is inactivity... its obvious that the older players that have gone and not returned most likely will not again... other then redeveloping the whole game i think cyber-wars needs more advertisement to bring the game back to life at the same time as redevelopment... I can probably say that most people left who play the game misss the activity... the chat drama... and the challenge of any player taking your rank.. and that is why i think not only redevelop everything... but advertise the shit out of Cyber-wars and bring in a new group to set the future for this game

Yes ik this aswell but its going to take more than just admins to advertise... it will take a lot to get the games activity back to what it once was... but its capable of happening..
[EVO]DeezNUTzU8
Donator

CW Profile

Postby EPCI Inactive Doomy on Mon, 07 May 2012 20:03:59 +0000

[EVO]DeezNUTzU8 wrote:
EPCI Imaginary Doomy wrote:

Yes ik this aswell but its going to take more than just admins to advertise... it will take a lot to get the games activity back to what it once was... but its capable of happening..

Lol, no.
EPCI Inactive Doomy
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [EVO] lordzardeck on Tue, 08 May 2012 04:32:40 +0000

[EVO]DeezNUTzU8 wrote:.. and that is why i think not only redevelop everything... but advertise the shit out of Cyber-wars and bring in a new group to set the future for this game

^^ this is the plan. :roll:
[EVO] lordzardeck
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions