Activity rewards

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Activity rewards

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:07:57 +0000

Kay, as I see it, a problem at the moment is keeping people active or involved. So.. how about.. if you log on every day for at least 30 mins total (or something like that) for a month, you get a reward? This won't benefit stronger, older players more than it will newbies, but just reward activity. Something like.. 5 DDs or 20 ECs. For every consecutive month, it goes up. I'd suggest a CD reward but the worth of CDs fluctuates so much whereas there'll always be a need for DDs or ECs and it'll always be worth something.

Make referral points worth more, too, to get people referring if they can.. possibly give a bonus to referred players for reaching level x or y IQ. I'm not sure if there is a reward for referred players at the moment, can't remember as it's been so long.

Maybe every so many levels there could be a bonus of an ec or something, every 50 maybe.

Oh, and not entirely related, maybe you should limit how many CD lotto tickets one can buy? Max of 100 or something, to make it more fair.

Also, FIX CHALLENGES please. That's a good one for activity.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Activity rewards

Postby [EPCI]Gatekeeper on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:25:07 +0000

+1

My ideas on this were the following

days 1-5 = 1ec, 1dday, 1k webs, or 250k cds ------this would be random with webs obviously getting a higher % of winning than DD's(maybe putting Webs at 50%, CD's @ 25%, ec @ 20% and dday at 5%)

days 5-10=double those prizes (execpt ddays, that could always stay at 1, but maybe raise the chance slightly you could get one) --- (webs 45%, cd's 25%, ecs 20% and ddays up to 10%)

days 11-30 = triple those prizes (webs 35%, cd's 25%, ecs 25%, ddays 15%)

days 30+ keep triple, however put the percentages all @ 25%

I am thinking that this could be made a link that only opens up every day after 10mins or play time, or after 25 kills. These ratios could easily be tweaked as could the reward amounts.(There could even be refferal points added in)
[EPCI]Gatekeeper

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:29:59 +0000

Hmm I like it, but unfortunately, Webs are still pretty much useless. It's enough of a shame that they're a challenge reward.

Maybe as an addition, make it so that viruses are exclusively bought and sold with webs?
ie:
Level one virus costs 1k webs to buy, 3k webs to remove
level 2 costs 2k webs to buy, 4k webs to remove
level 3 costs 3k webs to buy, 5k webs to remove.

Not such a huge amount as to make the ones you get from scouting too little for something now and again, but a large enough amount to make buying and selling them worth something should you choose to.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [EPCI]Gatekeeper on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:35:33 +0000

just a 2nd idea from me that I posted in chat

Put instead of those rewards that I posted above days 1-30 get 1 collectable out of a possible 20. You have to get all 20 to get the bonus that the collection gives. You could sell these on the AH when trying to get of the ones you have duplicates of or you could try to buy others to get the bonus more than once. Days 31-60 would do the same however the bonus would be better, and would be less of say the 60th items needed. Repeat this process monthly, making it harder each month to get the full collections. This idea could surely use some tweaking, but would add something other than the assets we currently have
[EPCI]Gatekeeper

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:42:54 +0000

Same as my reply in chat just for those who wont get to see it:
Unfortunately we don't have use yet for the assets that we DO have, namely webs, although I see where you're coming from. It'd also allow you to choose your reward according to personal preference.

However, webs STILL need shaking up. Everything else has multiple uses (CDs buys lots, ECs can be used for studying, training, killing, DDs can be used for a production line) and webs are just.. there They can be used to buy your first cap scout but long term usability? Nah. Reduce the cost of cap scouts to be less than servers (seeing as the reward from cap scouts is FAR less, it should be proportionate) and make something that only webs can do.

[OSX] Snaggy Claws - 14:36:16
maybe once in a blue moon there should be an ubersecret virus that allows you to collect interest on your bank account costing 25k webs or something
[EPIC]Gatekeeper - 14:37:29
1% chance of it and they are unique. (lvl 6 virus) First to buy it gets it

Also, this. Make it available to anyone who has over 100HS AND max IQ. But still only whoever sees it first and buys it can get it. Maybe once every 2 or 3 months?

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions