Retreat from District

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Retreat from District

Postby Rusty on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:08:19 +0000

It's probably been suggested before, and is definitely though about by many, so I thought I'd post it :P
With the new 2 district limit, you should be able to retreat or drop a district so that you can conquer another. It seems stupid to be trapped to one, and this way newer gangs can have a chance as grabbing a district too if they see another gang run from it!
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Re: Retreat from District

Postby Myckaal on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:21:43 +0000

Yes. Or possibly have some kind of option to pass it ....
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:39:19 +0000

What about "Abandon A District" under the link "Battle A District"

When you use "Abandon A District" you used your "Daily Turn"

Also there could be a penalty for leaving a district:
1, You have to wait 2 days before you can battle a new district
2, You get a "negative bonus" for 2 days (If you abandon BADLANDS that give + 10% BUS you get - 10% BUS)
3, You lose 1% of the bonus the district give you (If you abandon BADLANDS you lose 1% BUS)
4, There could be a fee for abandoning a district (EC's - CD's - Web's from gang founds)
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:26:14 +0000

[AD]Dan Verton wrote:What about "Abandon A District" under the link "Battle A District"

+1

[AD]Dan Verton wrote:When you use "Abandon A District" you used your "Daily Turn"

Also there could be a penalty for leaving a district:
1, You have to wait 2 days before you can battle a new district
2, You get a "negative bonus" for 2 days (If you abandon BADLANDS that give + 10% BUS you get - 10% BUS)
3, You lose 1% of the bonus the district give you (If you abandon BADLANDS you lose 1% BUS)
4, There could be a fee for abandoning a district (EC's - CD's - Web's from gang founds)

In both case, all you need to do is disable your guardian and ask someone to battle you for the district you want to lose . . .
You can do that without losing any turn, nor ECS, cd, webs .... % ...
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:31:26 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:In both case, all you need to do is disable your guardian and ask someone to battle you for the district you want to lose . . .
You can do that without losing any turn, nor ECS, cd, webs .... % ...

When the game gets older, maybe gang upgrades will be purchased. Then you need another gang with upgrades to attack you so you lose the district, but how do you know that the other gang want the district you don't want? Lets say DD asked AD to take a district, I would demand ec's/cd's/web's or something in return IF there was a penalty by abandoning a district. And again, if you need a bigger gang to "help" you lose a district they most likely got 2 districts already......
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:19:26 +0000

+1
Good idea.

And I've noticed that everyone is only interested in boosts without penalties. I can understand, but I think it's a bad idea to have pure positive, even if it's only a few points. It adds strategy when you have to consider the bad affects as well as the good. Or is it that everyone just wants an easy game?
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:28:10 +0000

[AD]Dan Verton wrote: if you need a bigger gang to "help" you lose a district they most likely got 2 districts already......

Not true at all .. you probably haven needed to lose a district yet, so I understand your ignorance ... But 7s, like myself have already "lost" a district to much weaker gangs ... 7s to BAD (if I recall) and we gave it to Tmz, I wasn't expecting them to be able to take it, since Fuzz had almost no level at that time !
But they did win it very easily (since we had disable the guardians).

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:And I've noticed that everyone is only interested in boosts without penalties.

Guess you haven't yet found the page of upgrade .. the price is high if you don't stay at Level 1.

But when a gang invest in district, we expect to have that boost !!

If you make people pay to give up a district, they might just keep it instead => Districts will become a standard feature to 1 gang.

But if you make that a district is automatically lost after 6 days, and that gang needs to wait 36 hours or so to regain it, it will make the district open to more gangs, and not just the strong one (not that I'm unhappy with it now) ... But like that the weaker gangs can also have a chance to taste POWER :D
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:08:54 +0000

you probably haven needed to lose a district yet, so I understand your ignorance

Actually, we already let one go. The same way you did. Because that's the ONLY way to lose one, by just letting someone else take it. You mean that a gang can't decide that they want to abandon an area? That's not at all realistic.

Guess you haven't yet found the page of upgrade .. the price is high if you don't stay at Level 1.

But when a gang invest in district, we expect to have that boost !!

Right. You just want it to be a free boost. The only cost is keeping other gangs from taking it from you.

If you make people pay to give up a district, they might just keep it instead => Districts will become a standard feature to 1 gang.

Until another gang takes it from them. Probably because they didn't use any of those upgrades, huh?

But if you make that a district is automatically lost after 6 days, and that gang needs to wait 36 hours or so to regain it, it will make the district open to more gangs, and not just the strong one (not that I'm unhappy with it now) ... But like that the weaker gangs can also have a chance to taste POWER :D

This has potential, though.

My point is that there is no real downside to owning a district. I can't think of anywhere that a gang could just move into an area and take over with no effort, and certainly not maintain it with no upkeep.
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:13:14 +0000

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:That's not at all realistic.

News flash .. THIS IS A GAME !!

And you just Lost the game !

:lol: zy

PS: Myck, read again my post ... seems you are again mixing oranges and dinosaurs ...

1) For the { What about "Abandon A District" under the link "Battle A District" }
I gave a => +1

2) For "you probably haven needed to lose a district yet" was for Dan ...

So stop being paranoid, not all comments are about little old you !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:31:27 +0000

I'M NOT PARANOID!!!!

>_>

<_<
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:03:10 +0000

Is it possible to +1 a -4? :P
Either way, I agree with Ozy's first post which agreed with some of Dan's post but not the rest. (confused yet? ;))

IMO the simpler the better as it means CW coders have to put less effort in and so its more likely to be done. A simple 'retreat' button costing nothing would suffice. And Myck, you have your own topic for your idea so stop plugging it in mine XD
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:41:32 +0000

|TMz|Rusty wrote:And Myck, you have your own topic for your idea so stop plugging it in mine XD

What? Are you gonna accuse me of spamming the forums with useless posts? I actually supported your idea, I just pointed out mine, as well ....
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions