Advertising and Donations

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Advertising and Donations

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:05:40 +0000

To start off, i have put a poll like i will do in all my new threads within suggestions in order to get around Rusty's stupid bloody rules.
Rusty says: And I will delete it. Rules are there for a reason, so stick to them or I'll just ditch the whole system

I was looking around and the idea of advertising came back into my mind for CW and i thought of a wonderful idea on how we could possible make this happen and not affect Orsm's pocket.

Since the reset TP's have been removed and i think this is a brilliant idea, but i have also seen that all the required links for them have not been removed, so i was thinking,

What IF Orsm brought back TP's for a limited period of time (Say u can only purchase them for 2 weeks), put the TP market back in place (Let say for 3 weeks) BUT all the donations that go towards TP's get used for advertising on various sites.

We all know that advertising would increase the population size of CW and as a result it would be more fun for us and it would generate more revenue for Orsm. This would also help reduce inflation and increase the price of DD's thus sorting out more problems.

I dont like the idea of TP's but i do see some potential in this idea to get some advertising done while not affecting Orsm's pocket.
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Advertising and Donations

Postby Diseased Violence on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:56:11 +0000

HOW do we know the donated $ isn't used on 2C-B?
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:37:20 +0000

[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:HOW do we know the donated $ isn't used on 2C-B?

I assume we trust orsm.
The idea has promise, but I think if orsm could advertise to get a lot more people to join CW, he would. I think the referrals system should come back in a big way, as I guess friends give a lot more encouragement to stay past the first boring week than a banner ad.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:58:25 +0000

Rusty wrote:
[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:HOW do we know the donated $ isn't used on 2C-B?

I assume we trust orsm.

Trust - Donating - Reset the game - No trust - No Donating
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions