The market.

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

The market.

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:24:30 +0000

Well, it's well known that Aoen has messed around with the prices of Ecs and Webs but it seems that the DD market stays around the same price of it's own accord.

Now, the reason ecs are so expensive compared to DDs is supply and demand.
Because DDs cost real money, you can't delete them from player accounts. Well, you could, but that'd cause a lot of trouble.
So, how about a limit on how many DDs a player can sell a month? About 20 would be my suggestion. Nobody loses out on the excessive amount of DDs they've paid for, they still get to sell them (albiet slower than they thought they would) but the demand (should) then outstrip the supply. Prices would go up. DDs are woefully underpriced at the moment.. so.. yeah. That's my suggestion. Feel free to temm me how 'tarded it is.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Re: The market.

Postby Ozy {DD} on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:36:53 +0000

Killashandra ::OSX:: wrote:Well, it's well known that Aoen has messed around with the prices of Ecs and Webs but it seems that the DD market stays around the same price of it's own accord.you can't delete them from player accounts. Well, you could, but that'd cause a lot of trouble.

dds too .. Aoen has a way to remove them from the game ...

Aoen(2) bought your listing for 30 donator days for 1,389,000 cyber-dollars.

And not only from me ..
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Sat, 13 Feb 2010 07:34:19 +0000

I think that the DD market will eventually get somewhere. But i do feel that something else needs to be done. There are way 2 many DD's floating around, its actually pointless to donate at all anymore.

I was thinking on my way home this morning, at the cost of DD's it will take me 1,2 days to 30D's from the market, thus as a result i dont see the point in wasting cash on CW anymore, this means that Orsm will be losing more cash. I know that i am just one person, but i think more people will start to follow this trend until something is done to warrent donations

Heck as a person who has actually donated we get nothing extra and the cost of donating (more the price of selling DD's) it is not worthwhile. So i would agree that something needs to be added to make donations worth something, with the limited stats at 1,500 per level i would think he would bring back the DP system as we cannot get crazy and unobtainable stats anymore with just a simple donation. HOWEVER the added ecs into the market would go a long way in controlling that price as it would be your donators who would be selling the bulk of the ECs.

This would also mean he would need another money sink and i can think of ALOT of ways of putting in a good few sinks via gangs that would get rid of the bulk of that extra cash generated from the sale of ECs, thus making everyone happier.

But that is just my 2 cents worth
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:04:21 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:
Killashandra ::OSX:: wrote:Well, it's well known that Aoen has messed around with the prices of Ecs and Webs but it seems that the DD market stays around the same price of it's own accord.you can't delete them from player accounts. Well, you could, but that'd cause a lot of trouble.

dds too .. Aoen has a way to remove them from the game ...

Aoen(2) bought your listing for 30 donator days for 1,389,000 cyber-dollars.

And not only from me ..

Yeah, but that's plain not quick enough. I know a few people have been buying DDs and giving them to admin to remove, but there are THOUSANDS. I doubt they've managed to get to 1k removed between them. And we can't have them removed striaght from, say, CJs account, it's not fair, he should at least get paid for the DDs he sells. So a limit is the only thing we can do to lower the supply without "stealing" from people.

Fuzzy: People shouldn't have ECs worth of advantage over others just because they have money. Though it's true donating has no real benefit if you can just buy them. HOWEVER, if you throttle the sales of DDs so that not everyone can get all the DDs they want/need, the ones that can would probably donate while the ones who can't donate would get the DDs that the new donators were not buying. Afterall, having no DDs stops you from doing anything except hacking people and busting people our, right? You might be able to do the dailies, I haven't checked. So.. make DDs worth real money again and the problem is solved, as DDs are sorta vital to playing these days. (You can't even get the bonuses for 400 or 600 kills without them)

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:37:24 +0000

Killa i think you may have lost what i said. The DD market is flooded, thus admins would try and remove DD's any way possible.

I am only suggesting that they bring back DP's as out stats are now directly linked to our levels, at level 1000 you can have maximum of 1,500,000 stats which in terms of the old scores, this is nothing
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:49:38 +0000

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:Killa i think you may have lost what i said. The DD market is flooded, thus admins would try and remove DD's any way possible.

I am only suggesting that they bring back DP's as out stats are now directly linked to our levels, at level 1000 you can have maximum of 1,500,000 stats which in terms of the old scores, this is nothing

Admin buying the DDs and removing them is not the same as stealing them and removing them straight from accounts, something that I have faith that the admin would not do. That's why I am suggesting they throttle the market.. so it CAN'T get flooded. That way people still have the DDs they paid for.. they don't lose out on anything as they can still sell them, just more slowly. And admin can still buy up and remove those on the market if they see fit. However, removing the DD market entirely would be the wrong way to go about it 'cause people who COULDN'T donate even if they wanted to would then not be able to play.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Andi on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:04:21 +0000

Buying LOTS of DDs at one time will unstabilize the prices: few players will have lots of money, ecs prices will go high, etc. That's why I buy a limited amount at a time, as much I believe it's ok for the game.

I also intend to insert a sort of points that can be bought with DDs and used only for doing hacks (until the DDs market will be balanced, after that will we'll see if we should keep it or not). Eg. you pay 25DDs and you can do 100 hacks without using energy for them. Or something similar.

LE: I also try to buy from different players, not just one or two.
Andi
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:14:09 +0000

I assume hacks=hacking arena rather than daily hacks?

Anyway, I don't think DDs are priced too low, I think ECs are priced too high ;)
However, its all just knock on from having a small amount of CDs circulating and all the DDs from the previous game being carried over. As more are sold, more people have DDs and the rate they decrease at increases, so the problem will fix itself eventually. As with all of CW's economic problems, if they are still here in 3 months then worry about them, otherwise its just teething problems ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions