Max Hacking

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Max Hacking

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:09:13 +0000

I love this section of the forums

Ok new thing

Max Hacking is 500 and hacking with regards to Daily hacks is equal to 10 hacking = 1%

Thus you can get a maximum of 50%

Now with that 50% you cannot get to 85% on White house
I think you get like 84% on CIA

Yes that is just with hacking, but with 3k BUS = 1% i aint going that route
Yes there is IQ, but that is 30 IQ = 1% WTF would i be doing the hack if i already maxed IQ?

Thus i would like to suggest you think about raising the max hacking

Rusty has edited your mistaking of CPU for BUS to avoid confusion
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Max Hacking

Postby Rusty on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:09:21 +0000

Fix'd your post before the storm of corrections arrives.

Anyway, I'm not even going to put +1 into hacking skill, as I feel it is the most useless and wasteful stat to try to increase. I already have 140 IQ (giving me +4%) and by the time I get near 500 IQ, I assume my BUS will be adding a few more % (though not much). Anything put in hacking skill is wasted the second you reach 500 IQ.
However, if you wish to get max hacking skill, be my guest, but I wouldn't like the limit raised to 1k in order to protect those who wish to waste away their energy on it ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:42:33 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:but I wouldn't like the limit raised to 1k in order to protect those who wish to waste away their energy on it ;)

Junny Fixed this quote
You failed too. Rusty fixed it again.

If it is such a waste of energy, then why not let us do it?? After all it is our time and resources to waste on a useless stat
Last edited by Rusty on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:28:19 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 3rd time lucky...
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:27:36 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:Fix'd your post before the storm of corrections arrives.

Anyway, I'm not even going to put +1 into hacking skill, as I feel it is the most useless and wasteful stat to try to increase. I already have 140 IQ (giving me +4%) and by the time I get near 500 IQ, I assume my BUS will be adding a few more % (though not much). Anything put in hacking skill is wasted the second you reach 500 IQ.
However, if you wish to get max hacking skill, be my guest, but I wouldn't like the limit raised to 1k in order to protect those who wish to waste away their energy on it ;)

Viruses are far more useful than you give them credit for, and the IQ max will probably be raised, so should you get have, say, 150 hacking and max IQ you'd have a good headstart when it happened.

And no, they shouldn't raise the max hacking. the boost you'd get from it maxed is perfectly enough.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:57:37 +0000

Virus is good, but i'll pay someone that has max hacking skill so they can buy it and infect me with it.. So if someone i know got max hacking skill, it's useless to me..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:01:49 +0000

Killashandra ::OSX:: wrote:And no, they shouldn't raise the max hacking. the boost you'd get from it maxed is perfectly enough.

all i want is to be able to get 85% on the WH, right now that is impossible so i would say that it is perfectly enough to screw us over, but not enough to be really helpful :mrgreen:
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:13:02 +0000

However, I do NOT think it'd be acceptable to get to 85% on the whitehouse with JUST hacking. I think that'd actually be a kick in the balls to people who didn't raise hacking. As it is, people who raise hacking get a damned good bonus ahead of people who don't, but people who haven't raised hacking are not floundering in the gutter compared to the ones who have.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:30:07 +0000

I have found that, on average, hacking the PC ( http://www.cyber-wars.com/pchacking.php ) not only gives you more money on average than normal against-person hacks (Not going into the EXP and if they randomly have money in hand, this is off of base CD reward and nothing else), but gives you more Hacking per 5 energy than "Study Hacking" does. Getting Hacking skill up does help, though not much admittedly, and until one gets up to max IQ should be a regularly trained stat.

*Edit* Also where in the heck did the mention of viruses come into this conversation????
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:37:49 +0000

The Savage Wolf wrote:I have found that, on average, hacking the PC ( http://www.cyber-wars.com/pchacking.php ) not only gives you more money on average than normal against-person hacks (Not going into the EXP and if they randomly have money in hand, this is off of base CD reward and nothing else), but gives you more Hacking per 5 energy than "Study Hacking" does. Getting Hacking skill up does help, though not much admittedly, and until one gets up to max IQ should be a regularly trained stat.

*Edit* Also where in the heck did the mention of viruses come into this conversation????

PC hacking is IQ dependant for money and hacking skill (HS) dependant for HS. Thus, I with a low IQ and HS get far lower than both the examples you cite.
And viruses came in when Killashandra said 'Viruses' :P

Killashandra ::OSX:: wrote:However, I do NOT think it'd be acceptable to get to 85% on the whitehouse with JUST hacking. I think that'd actually be a kick in the balls to people who didn't raise hacking. As it is, people who raise hacking get a damned good bonus ahead of people who don't, but people who haven't raised hacking are not floundering in the gutter compared to the ones who have.

I'd say that was fair. Imagine how much time and energy they'd have to invest to get that ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:54:28 +0000

The Savage Wolf wrote:I have found that, on average, hacking the PC ( http://www.cyber-wars.com/pchacking.php ) not only gives you more money on average than normal against-person hacks (Not going into the EXP and if they randomly have money in hand, this is off of base CD reward and nothing else), but gives you more Hacking per 5 energy than "Study Hacking" does.

with an IQ nearing 300, i can tell you that it still isnt worth it. study hacking still gets more per 5 energy.
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:00:04 +0000

|7s|Blanz wrote:
The Savage Wolf wrote:I have found that, on average, hacking the PC ( http://www.cyber-wars.com/pchacking.php ) not only gives you more money on average than normal against-person hacks (Not going into the EXP and if they randomly have money in hand, this is off of base CD reward and nothing else), but gives you more Hacking per 5 energy than "Study Hacking" does.

with an IQ nearing 300, i can tell you that it still isnt worth it. study hacking still gets more per 5 energy.

If I remember right, IQ controls the money not the HS gained.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:32:55 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:
|7s|Blanz wrote:

If I remember right, IQ controls the money not the HS gained.

I thought IQ was HS granted and HS was money received?
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:14:49 +0000

IQ controls how much hacking skill you get
Hacking skill controls the cash value

So yes Blanz is correct
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:59:53 +0000

So isn't there a catch-22 in that you have to have a high IQ to be worth using PC hacking, but if you have a high IQ you don't need hacking skill?
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby TotesSkip on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:33:38 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:So isn't there a catch-22 in that you have to have a high IQ to be worth using PC hacking, but if you have a high IQ you don't need hacking skill?

umm hacking skill is still used for viruses Rusty
TotesSkip
Staff

CW Profile

Next

Return to Suggestions