Gang Wars

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Gang Wars

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:59:48 +0000

THE Idea wrote:I would like to see a gang war last x hours, and the winner is the gang that killed the highest % of the opposite gang..

How it works wrote:A gang can only declare on another gang that are within 5 members difference.

Gang A got 15 members

Gang B got 18 members

Gang C got 9 members

Gang A can declare a war against Gang B, but not Gang C bcos of the 5 members limit difference..

Tho "5 members difference" is just a number.. could be anything like 5-10-15 etc

Tho then members of Gang A could boot 1 member, then they can declare war on Gang C...

But, When you hit the war button the gang gets closed; Gang owners/co's not being able to boot and no member can join/leave during a war.

Example wrote:1 hour gang war..

Gang A has 10 members
Gang B has 7 members

In one hour gang A kills 6 B members = 86%
gang B kills 9 A members = 90%

Gang B is the winner..

Draw = most kills win or split price..

What you think, what could be added, whats wrong.. Make your comment

2nd Suggestion wrote:When you hit the war button the gang gets closed; Gang owners/co's not being able to boot and no member can join/leave during a war.

This could be implemented with the current gang war system.
Last edited by Diseased Violence on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:20:39 +0000, edited 8 times in total.
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Gang Wars

Postby Rusty on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:08:46 +0000

Members of gang A have their resources really stretched, as they must make an average of 10 kills each, while the others have 1/10 each.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:25:16 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:Members of gang A have their resources really stretched, as they must make an average of 10 kills each, while the others have 1/10 each.

Good, the smaller gang should be at a disadvantage for once. :P :P :P
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:23:03 +0000

So is the reward for a smaller gang bigger than that of the greater gang?
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:26:31 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:Members of gang A have their resources really stretched, as they must make an average of 10 kills each, while the others have 1/10 each.

What about IF you got 15 members you could war gangs with 10-20 members...
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:10:00 +0000

107$ [12] wrote:

What about IF you got 15 members you could war gangs with 10-20 members...

:?:
:|
Explain further...

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 00:52:27 +0000

THERE IS NO SPOON

A gang can only declare on another gang that are within 5 members difference.

Gang A got 15 members

Gang B got 18 members

Gang C got 9 members

Gang A can declare a war against Gang B, but not Gang C bcos of the 5 members limit difference..

Tho "5 members difference" is just a number.. could be anything like 5-10-15 etc

Tho then members of Gang A could boot 1 member, then they can declare war on Gang C...

Want to spoon some more?
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:12:08 +0000

107$ [13] wrote:Want to spoon some more?

Rusty could spoon with you all day long

How is this for an idea, something off topic and slightly reworks gangs

1 - Creation of gangs cost is lowered
2 - There is a maximum # of players per gang
3 - There is a maximum # of co's per gang AND and in a maximum # of gang staff allowed as all gangs have those (Maybe give them a color for a prettier chat) :lol:
4 - You cannot declare war on a gang that is more than 5 people away
5 - Remove the war timer (if it is still there as there are no more inactive gangs and this take an entire aspect away from the game)
OR
Allow the war to be decided by a % of total kills done thus it would become total kills per hour that would win
E.g Gang A 10 members Gang B 15 Members
Total Kills - 475 Total Kills - 400
Timed out score - 475/15=31.6% Timed out score - 400/10 = 40%

Now if that was to be put into place you would have problems with people leaving before the time out in order to get the win (as there would be less people thus a higher %)
To get around this problem you could if you wanted to do the following

Any player that leaves out of will (Quits the gang) during a war situation WILL lose 10% of ALL stats (Including IQ and Hacking)
Any player that is booted from the alliance by the owner/Co's would incure a 5% stat lose (yes of ALL stats) and the owner would lose 2.5% of his own stats

This would stop people from leaving alliances during a war situation and it would stop owners from booting people during wars as that really is a cowards way out.

Otherwise i think that this would be a solid idea, maybe people would open up thier gangs again, i mean i know i personally would love to be doing wars already :twisted:
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:51:52 +0000

Confuzzed wrote:Any player that leaves out of will (Quits the gang) during a war situation WILL lose 10% of ALL stats (Including IQ and Hacking)
Any player that is booted from the alliance by the owner/Co's would incure a 5% stat lose (yes of ALL stats) and the owner would lose 2.5% of his own stats

Completely and utterly ridiculous !!

your points 1,2& 3 too .. let us choose how many Co we want and how big a Gang we want !

# 4 - has some potential, but will not happen !

# 5 - Should be variable depending on the type of war ( 1,000 kills = 60 hours; 500 kills = 40 hours ; 300 kills = 36 hours & 100 kills = 24 hours)
Yes, add a 300 kill war !!

1,000 kills => at least 30 members in each team.
500 kills => at least 18 members in each team.
300 kills => at least 10 members in each team.
100 kills => at least 8 members in each team.

This way, each gang would take some new members, to be able to do wars !!

(a good # 6 would be to have each gang with a minimum % of low ranks in them.)

:ugeek: zy
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:29:47 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:
Confuzzed wrote:Any player that leaves out of will (Quits the gang) during a war situation WILL lose 10% of ALL stats (Including IQ and Hacking)

Completely and utterly ridiculous !!

your points 1,2& 3 too .. let us choose how many Co we want and how big a Gang we want !

I have tried a few games and in fact a still play one, it probably has 300,000 active members, across its 80 different servers.

Thier alliances work like this

Host
2 X Vice Host
5 X Prestbyter
10 X Officers
Member limit = 100
The permissions with regards to what a person can do is limited to this position within the alliance.
If you quit the alliance you lose 10% of your prestige(gamescore over here)
If you are expelled you then no-one loses prestige

Thus works well as people within the various alliances work there arse's off to get a position as they actually mean something. It is due to the alliances that the game has worked out. The best part is that an alliance can be started almost instantly and when you want you can removed the alliance from the game.

So yeah it is stupid, but it has worked in so many other games and those games are thriving as people stick with each other and really want to make thier gang/alliance go far.
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:46:16 +0000

I'm sure 107 would prefer if you didn't hijack his topic, so do you want me to move it to a new one for you?

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:31:29 +0000

Seems like nobody have anything to say on my suggestion anyway so it don't mather if he "hijacks" it...
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:41:48 +0000

Sorry mate, the idea of having an owner lose some stats for booting someone .. GRRRRR ... got me off topic !

107$ [16] wrote:I would like to see a gang war last x hours, and the winner is the gang that killed the highest % of the opposite gang..
Example:
1 hour gang war..
Gang a has 10 members
Gang b has 100 members

In one hour gang A kills 91 B members = 91%
gang B kills 9 A members = 90%

Gang A is the winner..
Draw = most kills win or split price..

Gang A got 15 members
Gang B got 18 members
Gang C got 9 members

Yes an Option of fighting against Time could be a nice twist !!
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 06:58:15 +0000

107$ [16] wrote:THERE IS NO SPOON

Gang A got 15 members

Gang B got 18 members

Gang C got 9 members

Want to spoon some more?

I think this is a brilliant idea, i really do. Its simple yet effective, one problem though, gangs will boot members to reduce thier number in order to get a greater % at the end. Its the old way of the cowards and this will just allow them victory. Thus you would need something to be put into place in order to stop people quitting/getting booted while in a fight. That is why i jacked ur thread but if they can work something like that out (sort of like a penalty for leaving during a war) then i think this would be a BRILLIANT system

off topic
|OSX|Rusty wrote:I'm sure 107 would prefer if you didn't hijack his topic, so do you want me to move it to a new one for you?

Nah no-one listens anyway
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:02:20 +0000

What if; Gang owners/co's not being able to boot and no member can join/leave during a war. When you hit the war button the gang gets closed.
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Next

Return to Suggestions