Other kinds of gang wars (with idea from Toast) (and Junny)

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Other kinds of gang wars (with idea from Toast) (and Junny)

Postby Myckaal on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:19:43 +0000

Perhaps there should be other kill goals for gang wars. Like give a range from 100 to 500 in 25 or 50 kill increments. That way wars could be called for 250 or 300 or whatever. Put the payouts on a sliding scale.

I think there should also be other types of wars that gangs could wage against each other, rather than just who can kill more of who. Maybe wars where the winning gang gets a small percentage of one of that gang's assets, chosen at random.

Toast's good idea is located here! While Junny's is here!
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Other kinds of gang wars

Postby Bish on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:56:15 +0000

I really enjoy this Idea, because the game only has small gangs at the moment, plus 100 kill wars have jack all reward
Bish

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:56:57 +0000

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:Maybe wars where the winning gang gets a small percentage of one of that gang's assets, chosen at random.

Then all owners keep gang assest in their own pockets...

And i like that idea of 250,300 gang wars or what so ever number..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 13:01:49 +0000

Keeping it on you taps into your repair funds. Otherwise yeah, that's true. But I mean a small percent. Or maybe make it a different kind of district battle, with a different way of calculating the winner than the standard way.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 16:47:04 +0000

I thought we could have a gang war last for 24 hours and the gang that gets the most kills wins. Reward could be a % of gangs assest like has been said. then we have 2 type of wars for either money or stats
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 23:44:46 +0000

I think % of gang assets is both a bitch to big gangs and exploitable. A set amount, agreed by both gangs (one declaring decides, one defending must accept/decline) would be a better idea IMO.
Apart from that, I support the variation of ideas on gang wars.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 09:34:11 +0000

I like MCK's idea, x hour with most kills win, still think there should be stat payouts..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 15:28:41 +0000

NPC [1]07 wrote:I like MCK's idea, x hour with most kills win, still think there should be stat payouts..

They would have to be based on the gangs/individual players overall kills rather than the one that got the most, or you could do these against inactive gangs easily, or pay a 1 man gang to loose.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 02:39:19 +0000

Average kill per member?
Hmm. That way a gang with just 5 people could only get 50 kills and have an average of 10 each, wheras a larger gang (say 10 for simplicities sake) would get 75 kills and have an average of 7.5 and lose.

Average kill per member / members in the opposing gang? (or multiplied by members in your own gang maybe)... hrmmm. Who knows. Darn.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Other Types of Gang Wars

Postby Toast on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 03:39:16 +0000

We know about the original 100, 500, and 1000 kill wars. Forget about that war for a second. Let's get outrageous.

Because this is a hacking game, let's change it up a bit. Stay with me.

-Gangs buy servers. This time, though, they actually function as servers. An example will follow at the end.
-Once gangs declare this special war, both gangs' servers will pool together to create one mass of servers.
-Players on each team attempt to hack into the servers, having priority to tap into their gangs' servers first.
-Once all servers have been captured, players can then attempt to steal servers from their opponent. In essence, it's like hacking Lyn's computer, or the CIA: there is a percentage involved, there are two screens to get past, and it takes three successful hacks to tap into the enemy's server.
-These wars are time-based. Because of this, we can set the points bar at 1000. 25 points goes to each gang that successfully holds onto a server for 30 minutes. The points earned isn't prorated: you must successfully hold onto the servers on each 1/2 hour and hour based on the start of the war (eg. If the war is declared at 1:12, you must hold the server through xx:42 and xx:12).
-The number of servers a gang can hold is determined by n/3, where n is the number of players in that gang. If the number decreases, servers that exceed the limit are still usable.
-Hacking of opposing players is not counted, although since you need to be alive to tap into servers, this could be used to your advantage.
-In the event of a tie (both gangs pass the 1000 margin at the same time), no prize is awarded.

EXAMPLE:
BAD has 10 servers. OSX has 5 servers. Upon war declaration, I, along with other gang members, must hack into our servers, then the opponent's servers. After 30 minutes, BAD managed to hold onto 7 servers and OSX has control of 6, which puts the totals at 175 for BAD and 150 for OSX.

After 58 minutes, OSX goes in for the kill and captures 2 servers from BAD. At the 1 hour mark, BAD adds 125 to their score, and OSX adds 200 to their score. The score is now 300 BAD, 350 OSX. This goes back and forth until a gang wins.

I realize 1000 may be a relatively low points treshold, so suggestions would be nice.
Toast

CW Profile

Re: Other Types of Gang Wars

Postby [7s] Twidget on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 03:42:31 +0000

I like this concept.
[7s] Twidget
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 03:44:49 +0000

its kinda funky, but the concept is solid
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:24:03 +0000

I'm also a fan of the concept. Would this be a war reliant on BUS/HS/IQ rather than the 4 battle stats?
Tweak the numbers a bit and make it a bit more solid and I'll nominate this for a top suggestion ;)

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:23:42 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:I'm also a fan of the concept. Would this be a war reliant on BUS/HS/IQ rather than the 4 battle stats?
Tweak the numbers a bit and make it a bit more solid and I'll nominate this for a top suggestion ;)

The three hacks to tap into a server will be based on three different formulas. As to what those formulas are, I don't know, but here's a guess:

Hack 1: (HD/RAM) x 20 (to a limit of 60%)
Hack 2: (Hacking/BUS) / 17.5 (to a limit of 60%)
Hack 3: (CPU/IQ) / 15 (to a limit of 40%)

I'm not a formulist. I don't make formulas. I simply create ideas and concepts and, once in a while, an idea will come up that people will actually like, like this one. Credit to COD:MW2 for this idea, btw. I love playing Headquarters.

Also, this would mean the wars should be over much faster with less effort on the players' parts.

NEW IDEA
One more thing: When you hack through one tier, and you end up jailed or something (btw there is no jailing factor for these hacks), and you go back, you'll be able to go straight to the second tier of hacking, if nobody's done that yet. Furthermore, every :30 and 1:00 after the war starts, the tiers reset themselves if they haven't been hacked yet. There is a case of record-locking, so I recommend, when you click the FIGHT button, you're led to a screen similar in style to the Servers screen or the Hcking Arena screen. Options and subscreens go thusly:

-Hack a Server
---[screen that describes that server being hacked, whether it's successful or not]
-View Servers
---[screen depicting servers owned by which gang, and which gang is in control of which server. These are two different things.]
-View points
---[Detailed points screen, including which player has successfully hacked through a tier]
Toast

CW Profile

Postby [7s]Light Spawn on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 05:50:21 +0000

Like the whole concept and Just saying Stopping Power is gay and ruins the game :twisted:
[7s]Light Spawn
Donator

CW Profile

Next

Return to Suggestions