Other kinds of gang wars (with idea from Toast) (and Junny)

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Re: Other Types of Gang Wars

Postby Rusty on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:31:05 +0000

Yep, that's good enough concept for me ;)
*Nominates for Top Suggestion*

-- Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:22:42 +0000 --

Topics have been merged because they are on a similar subject. If you don't want this to happen in future, don't create two topics with nearly the same title.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Junny's gang war idea

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:56:21 +0000

I like this idea, but can I make another suggestion?

Ok what is the point of gangs? Gang Wars.

I rather have some type of "Gang Health" Bar.
This bar can increase at levels 500,1000,2000,4000 etc.

If you win a war, your health will decrease:
100 War: 2 Health
500 War: 10 Health
1000 War: 20 Health

If you lose a war, your health will decrease:
100 War: 5 Health
500 War: 15 Health
1000 War: 25 Health

So now, lets say you have 10/100 Gang Health, And you win a 1k war, your gang is dead. A one week countdown will begin, and the gang is to reheal, or either disband. If a gang is dead, it cannot declare a war, or cannot be declared on.

(THIS IS WERE I NEED TRIN, How do we stop gangs like DD from abusing this system to stay dead for 6 days just so they don't have wars?)

There is an incentive to win a war. Less money to pay.
Lets say to heal 1 Gang Health it costs 2000.

Now, Lets say DD is warring with an inactive gang, the inactive gang loses, as usual. So, the inactive gang's health is being decreased every war. Within a few wars, the inactive gang's one week timer will start. So, this will disband the inactive gang, removing it from the list.
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Re: Other kinds of gang wars (with idea from Toast)

Postby Myckaal on Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:16:04 +0000

Bump ....

Any other ideas or comments and extrapolations of these?
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Other kinds of gang wars (with idea from Toast) (and Junny)

Postby Toast on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:50:11 +0000

Bump again or else I'll come up with a new stupid/ingenious idea.

edit: okay, I got one.

CAPTURE THE IP ADRESS (a play on Capture the Flag)
This one requires a bit of problem-solving, and will be quite hard.

Once again, there is no actual hacking of the opponent, but this time hacking them and making them dead doesn't disable their ability to war at all. The most basic way I can explain this concept is by example.

BAD and OSX consists of 5 members each.
BAD: Toast, Arya, Jinius, Skip, Matty
OSX: Myck, Maerad, Junny, Ten, Orsm

Multiply the number of members in each gang by 1.5. That number, rounded up, is the number of correct "hits" you need to complete to successfully gain a point. In this case, it's 8. Members can be repeated more than once.

Each gang members' "session" is independent, and does not rely on another players' input. In other words, it's all on the player to complete the sequence correctly. Let's assume the sequence is the above list of members, repeated (ie. After Matty, we start from Toast again). Each session will be randomized, so one player has the above sequence, while another player has a complete reversal, and another has their sequence completely randomized.

Sum the number of members in each gang, and multiply by 1.5. That is the number of successful sequences each gang must complete to win.

Each player must wait one hour after the last completed sequence before starting a new sequence.

Once a player completes one sequence, that counts as one point towards that gang's goal.

Alright, here we go with the example.

As stated before, the gangs consist of the following players:
BAD: Toast, Arya, Jinius, Skip, Matty
OSX: Myck, Maerad, Junny, Ten, Orsm

Let's assume, for this example, that only Matty and Junny are fighting.
The goal is 15 points ((5+5)*1.5 = (10)*1.5 = 15). The sequence length is 8 members.

The sequence for Matty to gain a point is: Myck, Maerad, Junny, Ten, Orsm, Myck, Maerad, Junny.
The sequence for Junny to gain a point is: Toast, Arya, Jinius, Skip, Matty, Toast, Arya, Jinius.

When Matty clicks on the "Fight" button, he comes to a page full of buttons (not links, because buttons are prettier) that has each opponent's name on it. He must click the sequence above correctly to gain a point. To add to the sadistic nature of this war, if Matty misses a correct sequence link (ie. he clicks Myck, then Junny in an attempt to see if Junny is the next link), Matty will have to start all over again, but the sequence DOES NOT change. He will be able to use his saved work and get back to where he was before he failed an attempt. When he completes the sequence, he needs to wait one hour before completing another sequence.

Skip also has a sequence to complete, but it will not be the same as Matty's. Likewise, Toast's sequence will be different too. When Matty completes a point, however, his sequence will be different. He will have to find the new sequence.

The war ends when one gang gets to 15 points.

COMBO ATTACKS

This is more of a random occurence than an actual combo attack. Basically, the server designates two players as "combo material". They're both linked, and either one can be clicked first. The point of this is to try to get players to look at the battle screen instead of mindlessly clicking and closing the tab. Almost anybody can get this.

Let's say "combo material" is Junny and Rusty, and they are in OSX, and I am in BAD. Let's say I attack Junny. The battle log would look like this:
Junny hacks Toast for 1 damage!
Toast hacks Junny for 1 damage!
You have killed a combo starter!

You have defeated Junny!
You gain over 9000 exp.

To correctly complete the combo, I need to kill Rusty next. The battle log:
Rusty hacks Toast for 0 damage!
Toast hacks Rusty for 200 damage!
You have successfully completed a combo atack! 5 extra points has been added to your gang!

You have defeated Rusty!

The number of points you gain is debatable, but the point is that you get something for completing a combo attack successfully.

If you don't complete the combo successfully (say I hack Myck), it would look like this:
Toast hacks Myck for 0 damage!
Myck hacks Toast for 1 damage!

Myck has defeated you!
He gains 0 exp.
You did not manage to complete the combo attack. The combo attack has been reset.

That's all.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby [7s]Light Spawn on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:41:16 +0000

they could put it where if they're declared war on they can only remove one asset or have a time period when its donated to be moved ;)
[7s]Light Spawn
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Junny's gang war idea

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:50:07 +0000

|OSX| Junny wrote:(THIS IS WERE I NEED TRIN, How do we stop gangs like DD from abusing this system to stay dead for 6 days just so they don't have wars?)

LoL .. still have your head up your Ass .. We have a War every day .. Get your facts first then try to think a little !!

And your Idea is the most stupid one I read here ! lame
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:45:22 +0000

@ Toast: The first idea looks interesting, but I don't really see how it relates to CW in any way :P Might be a fun thing though...
Second idea looks more promising, although I doubt that people would especially try and find what order the combo was in. Note too that if there are 10 players in the gang, it could take up to 10 hours to find the right combo if the two comboers don't heal (ie it takes 1 hour to find who starts it, then you have to try the remaining 9 players immediately after, one an hour, until you find the combo). I sense people would still continue on, but I do like the idea!
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:58:49 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:@ Toast: The first idea looks interesting, but I don't really see how it relates to CW in any way :P Might be a fun thing though...
Second idea looks more promising, although I doubt that people would especially try and find what order the combo was in. Note too that if there are 10 players in the gang, it could take up to 10 hours to find the right combo if the two comboers don't heal (ie it takes 1 hour to find who starts it, then you have to try the remaining 9 players immediately after, one an hour, until you find the combo). I sense people would still continue on, but I do like the idea!

Well, frankly I came up with the first idea in maybe 5 minutes, so it's not expected to be perfect or implementable, but in theory, it'd add more than just mindless killing to the purposeful definition of "wars".

The two comboers are randomized. Let's say the list of people in BAD go like this:

Toast
Arya
Skip
Junny
Rusty
Superrawr

Let's assume the combo is Toast and Skip. What a normal player would do in a normal war would hack everyone in that specific order, and wouldn't pay mind to what the combo really is. But, as soon as they attack Toast, they activate a combo starter. They will, inevitably, attack Arya, causing the combo to cancel out. But, the next randomized combo could very well be Junny and Rusty, completing the combo.

So, your theory of only being able to attempt the combo once per hour is void. There are certainly many more times one can activate a combo.

In addition to that second idea, would it be more feasible if the combo only involved alive people? That way, when doing the hourly war kills, you will run down the list and, eventually, reach the last two players in that gang who must be the combo couple, unless the number of members in that gang is odd. Also, when two or more players heal in the middle of an hour, the opposing team has more of a chance to get those five points, to "penalize" the other team.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 23:58:36 +0000

If the combo was randomised each time it was broken, there would be no point in attempting to figure out what order you should try to do it in as it would be random between the remaining survivors, hence people would continue to just hack down the list and no advantage would be gained by this update. For this to be worth anything, the combo has to remain the same throughout the war.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:35:38 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:If the combo was randomised each time it was broken, there would be no point in attempting to figure out what order you should try to do it in as it would be random between the remaining survivors, hence people would continue to just hack down the list and no advantage would be gained by this update. For this to be worth anything, the combo has to remain the same throughout the war.

I love how you're so quick to discredit everything and anything.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:42:19 +0000

The Original Toast wrote:
|OSX|Rusty wrote:If the combo was randomised each time it was broken, there would be no point in attempting to figure out what order you should try to do it in as it would be random between the remaining survivors, hence people would continue to just hack down the list and no advantage would be gained by this update. For this to be worth anything, the combo has to remain the same throughout the war.

I love how you're so quick to discredit everything and anything.

I don't discredit everything and everything, I discredit things that don't work ;)
From what I understand of your idea, what you need is for the 'combo' to remain the same throughout the war. If the combo changes at random, there is no logic to figuring out who you should hack and this update would add no benefit to the game as there would be no advantage from hacking not 'down the list', and no disadvantage to hacking 'down the list', as both have the same odds of getting a combo. Please correct me if I'm wrong in understanding what you want, but I feel you want to get it so that people don't just do this, but instead add some variety in the way they hack. If I'm on the right track, you even point it out in your own example that someone would " inevitably attack Arya causing the combo to cancel out" and the most likely way for the combo to complete would be if "the next randomized combo [was] Junny and Rusty", two people listed below each other.

I just want players ideas (especially ones like this one, which I like) to have the best chance of getting past the admins, who are at least twice as likely to discredit an idea as I am ;)

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:19:36 +0000

Fine. It was a suggestion anyways. We can ignore the "just alive" bit. But why would we want to keep the combo non-random? If, perchance, a player finds the combo, won't they exploit it if it's non-changing?
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:47:39 +0000

The Original Toast wrote:Fine. It was a suggestion anyways. We can ignore the "just alive" bit. But why would we want to keep the combo non-random? If, perchance, a player finds the combo, won't they exploit it if it's non-changing?

I thought that was the idea of your plan?

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sat, 30 Jan 2010 16:14:25 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:
The Original Toast wrote:Fine. It was a suggestion anyways. We can ignore the "just alive" bit. But why would we want to keep the combo non-random? If, perchance, a player finds the combo, won't they exploit it if it's non-changing?

Only if it were random. You were discrediting the random bit.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:51:07 +0000

The Original Toast wrote:
|OSX|Rusty wrote:

Only if it were random. You were discrediting the random bit.

If you just want a random event where hacking an opposing member gets you more points to the total, why not assign it to one member instead of two in a combo?

Rusty

CW Profile

Previous

Return to Suggestions